Venting to people who get it!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyg354

Plant Based Homebrewer
Reaction score
Went to the bar last night. Was drinking a few Coors Originals (yes I do drink swill when out, I live the PA coal region which isn't very savvy on the craft beer scene yet), when a fine young gentleman decided to debate with me on how his miller lite was not only far more superior that my coors original, but also how it more superior than beers like Sierra Nevada and Dogfishead. Now 5 years ago this guys would have been eating my fist for even inciting an argument. Since im pushing 30 those days are over, but I really must ask. Why do some people refuse to be educated about good beer? I tried to explain to him and he just didn't want to hear it.

People like that just want to argue. I just ignore them, it's the only way to win....

I just avoid the situation where I have to explain things to people that really doesn´t care and is going to forget what I just explained in 5 minutes time. I also don´t argue with people that´s more entretain with the sound of their own voice than an polite exchange of opinions

I am just curious.....why did he think his Miller Lite was superior? Less filling? Tastes great?:D

I just tell them its all personal preference! if it was the greatest beer, it would be the only beer!

It's like the computer says at the end of the movie "wargames". "A strange game. The only way to win seems to be not to play". On the other hand,one always feels like at least giving them a brief history of how even their beer had more malt & hop flavors originally. That ought to do it.

Bars + alcohol = arguments.

People who argue just do it because they want to argue. Politics, religion, etc., same deal. Nobody changes anyone's mind; they just want to hear their positions validated. Life's too short to waste time with useless people.

Good on you, mate, for not pushing his face in. :)

That's one thing about drinking beer alone or with a few close friends. You don't have to put up with arseholes.

Beef_Supreme said:
The real question here is why were you drinking Coors when you could be drinking yuengling?

I literally laughed out loud, I was thinking the same thing when I read Pa. Good job not punching him over his ignorance, he just didn't want to hear what you were saying and it doesn't matter how or why your explanation as to why other beers are better was he is just convinced that his beer is, end of story.

I've been drinking Yuengling for 12 years. A little change in my swill is always good. I live 20 minutes from the brewery in Pottsville so I always seems to have an endless supply. There Octoberfest is pretty good.

Was there really a time in your life when you would have punched someone in the face because they don't like the same beer as you?

Was there really a time in your life when you would have punched someone in the face because they don't like the same beer as you?

Just a figure of speech. Meaning that I didn't take **** from morons. I only swing if the other person does first.

Just a figure of speech. Meaning that I didn't take **** from morons. I only swing if the other person does first.

Can't imagine how many fights I would have lost if I had followed that rule. Then again, I was a smaller guy so I needed every advantage I could get and needed to make a statement every time that I wasn't an easy target.

Can't imagine how many fights I would have lost if I had followed that rule. Then again, I was a smaller guy so I needed every advantage I could get and needed to make a statement every time that I wasn't an easy target.

6'1" 290 here. So I can take a few hit.

ElyIrishBrew said:
Bars + alcohol = arguments.

People who argue just do it because they want to argue. Politics, religion, etc., same deal. Nobody changes anyone's mind; they just want to hear their positions validated. Life's too short to waste time with useless people.

Good on you, mate, for not pushing his face in. :)

That's one thing about drinking beer alone or with a few close friends. You don't have to put up with arseholes.

+100 couldt have said it any better.

Have to say it again. Could not have said it better myself. Id drink a pint with you anyday. :)

I usually end the argument with ,"I wouldn't expect someone like you to think any other way."

THat gets them even madder, but at that point I don't care.

I guess so marshmallow.....

you probably won't be gracing the cover of Men's Fitness anytime soon either..
75889_158155517554128_7873956_n.jpg

you probably won't be gracing the cover of Men's Fitness anytime soon either..
75889_158155517554128_7873956_n.jpg

Lift Big and Eat Big, I eat clean most of the time, squat, deadlift. Beer is my poison when it comes to dieting. I just drink it for the antioxidants ;)

Classic!! That's lean, mean, bratwurst baby!!

The funny part is that as fat as I am at 6'0" 210.....I would still need another 80 lbs...

When I was stationed in Germany the Brits would poke fun at us saying how American beer was like sex in a canoe- They are both ****ing close to water. I'd have to agree. What many people don't know is the beer history of this country prior to prohibition and WWII. Many of the rice style beers (PBR, Bud, Coors, Miller, Schlitz, Grain Belt etc) we're homogenized to our pallet because of the grain rationed for the wars. So really they were brewed as a second best product only we seemed to develop the taste for the weaker second hand swill and not what man has been drinking for centuries.

I've been drinking Yuengling for 12 years. A little change in my swill is always good. I live 20 minutes from the brewery in Pottsville so I always seems to have an endless supply. There Octoberfest is pretty good.

Awww, I envy you! I'm in eastern VA, and haven't been able to make it to the brewery yet. I'm hoping I can when I get some vacation time in April.

My bartender always says to customers who ask, "is this beer good?"

"If you like it well it's good! If you don't like it then not so good."

Back