WAORGANY Brewing e-HERMS Brewery Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking great! Makes me want to run to HD and get a copper coil to finish off my herms :D Brewed this weekend to get the electric s set up,.... it was really great. You are going to love flipping switches on your control panel!

That reminds me of mine when it was still shiny;) Looks good.

Yes I am sure that it is only a matter of time until it looks well used!

Looking good man. I need to swing by and check it out.

Yeah man just let me know welcome any time...glad to show you what I have done.

looking great! Makes me want to run to HD and get a copper coil to finish off my herms :D Brewed this weekend to get the electric s set up,.... it was really great. You are going to love flipping switches on your control panel!

Well worth the time and energy invested, only 20' but I think it should do the trick...now to finish the panel, so I can start flipping switches! Thanks everyone.

I have done nothing but walk past my build in days I feel so bad and now I will be away for almost two weeks for work! Man life sure gets in the way of all the fun stuff at times...first week of April I am on vacation and will make much progress, or at lest tht sis my current plan! All the best everyone cheers!

I have done nothing but walk past my build in days I feel so bad and now I will be away for almost two weeks for work! Man life sure gets in the way of all the fun stuff at times...first week of April I am on vacation and will make much progress, or at lest tht sis my current plan! All the best everyone cheers!

Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to drink any beers until you work on it. :cross:

copyright1997 said:
Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to drink any beers until you work on it. :cross:

Copyright that is just evil! I am currently in Hawaii for business so I will have to drink a few local brews to hold me over! Aloha

Copyright that is just evil! I am currently in Hawaii for business so I will have to drink a few local brews to hold me over! Aloha

True story. I was thinking about starting to brew, but was being lazy about it and kept putting it off. I bought a quarter keg of Genny Cream Ale ("Genny Screamers") and forced myself to drink it (and only it instead of the nice IPA's I had in bottle) until I brewed my first batch. :off:

copyright1997 said:
True story. I was thinking about starting to brew, but was being lazy about it and kept putting it off. I bought a quarter keg of Genny Cream Ale ("Genny Screamers") and forced myself to drink it (and only it instead of the nice IPA's I had in bottle) until I brewed my first batch. :off:

Man that is rough Genny!!! Wow

Hey man - check out post #252. I know you went copper on your coil, but just a heads up for in the future or if you need to make another coil, etc. Hope the rest is well in HI!

Hey man - check out post #252. I know you went copper on your coil, but just a heads up for in the future or if you need to make another coil, etc. Hope the rest is well in HI!

A bending JIG nice, now you tell me LOL, but if I ever re-do it I will call you, and yes Hawaii was great!!! this 32 degree weather here certainly sucks!!!

Looking good!

Thanks, yeah been on vacation for going on three days now and have yet had time to work on it, darn kids keeping me moving on spring break!!

image-1106754423.jpg

Worked on some of the wiring today

image-1920107229.jpg

The reason I have not made much progress in the past few weeks, work got in the way

image-3285591431.jpg

More wiring

image-3809832200.jpg

Making progress!!!

I was wondering how your build was going :D Just put two brews through on the new herms! I have to get a few pictures up of the rig because it is painted and 95% done (for this week). Stir motor installed, herms coil up and running, etc. Good times!

Keep cranking and by the way nobody feels sorry for your work getting in the way (you should see my view from work... parking lot) ;) ha

by the way - did you see that there are bulk hops for the next buy? Basically 1 lb sizing and ~6 +- a few bucks depending on type. I know you have been out so just letting you know.

CidahMastah said:
I was wondering how your build was going :D Just put two brews through on the new herms! I have to get a few pictures up of the rig because it is painted and 95% done (for this week). Stir motor installed, herms coil up and running, etc. Good times!

Keep cranking and by the way nobody feels sorry for your work getting in the way (you should see my view from work... parking lot) ;) ha

Ha build what build ? I walk by my control panel daily when home and think yeah I should work on it but work, life, kids, wife, fire department, Veterans stuff etc all get in he way of the build and brewing! I might have empty kegs soon too! And now I am booked for the next three or four weekends should have done more over the winter, thanks for The note and so I guess no need for the hops either lol thanks

WAORGANY said:
Ha build what build ? I walk by my control panel daily when home and think yeah I should work on it but work, life, kids, wife, fire department, Veterans stuff etc all get in he way of the build and brewing! I might have empty kegs soon too! And now I am booked for the next three or four weekends should have done more over the winter, thanks for The note and so I guess no need for the hops either lol thanks

Man. This seems like my problem too!!!! I walk pass mine at least 4 times a week thinking. FINISH THIS THING!!! It sucks to have priorities! Good luck!! I know i need it

Not Dead...Summer Happened, work is always busy then, family obligations, lake, flying balloons, traveling, and life in general...have made zero progress in months...need to try to finish up by the end of the year so I can brew on new years day...thanks my goal...let the games begin again....

Let me know, I am right around the corner...in fact I was just over yesterday or the day before :cross:

Too funny I was just over your way tonight...KFC for dinner, send me a PM and we can link up some time, there was a HB Club that met 1st THUR in Sacketts at the Hop Spot... Haven't been in a few or more months

Update:

Well thanks to a week long vacation I am back working on my eHERMS!!!

So in the past 24 hours I have cut, stained and assembled my brew stand, still needs to be coated in poly, a few coats for sure... pumps mounted...

having the electrician come tomorrow to look at the 50 AMP SPA panel and get that heading in the right direction

then I just need to build the CFC and finish up the panel wiring and I should be ready to brew!!1

Maiden brew shall be a single hopped Pale Ale using Nelson Sauvin hops ONLY!!!

I can't wait....

:mug:

Brew Stand Stain.jpg

Brew Stand Assmble.jpg

Brew Stand Top.jpg

Brew Stand Side.jpg

Brew Stand Pumps.jpg

Well this week has been successful as far as making forward progress on my eHERMS Brewery!!! hopefully the WAORGANY Brewery will be up and running soon.

I had the wiring run from my main fuse box to the SPA Panel and then to the outlet to plug in the control panel. Finished my brew stand minus the polyurethane. Which I hope to place the first coat tomorrow. Now to finish wiring up the control panel, and build e CFC... And figure out a vent, or open the window and turn on a fan, hope to be brewing in MAR!

Thanks to BWN I got the Control Panel squared away and the lights came on and every thing working the way it should one step closer to a all electric brew day. A few more bits needed but with any luck I will be brewing the inagural brew next Saturday!!!

Panel Mounted on the stand, CFC 90% complete...need to wire the elements and a few other minor things then its game on...

Thanks to everyone on here for all the help!!!:mug:

image-1202716433.jpg

Attachments

• image-3363347276.jpg
    image-3363347276.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 356
  • image-2289697807.jpg
    image-2289697807.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 346
  • image-3660729153.jpg
    image-3660729153.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 344
  • image-2688125964.jpg
    image-2688125964.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 364

If you notice the GREEN LED is more of a red upper left and the two RED other which control the elements are both different colors red and the bottom two BLUE led switches the one on the left pump 2 is not lighting up either, they all work fine just not working showing light, not sure why? I need to contact Auber to see if he has any thoughts!!!

Awesome build man! Sorry to hear about the control panel lights that's def weird. Can you share info or pics of the CP mount and how you attached it.

Good luck on your initial brew session. I'm still about a month out I'm afraid.

-Corey

Awesome build man! Sorry to hear about the control panel lights that's def weird. Can you share info or pics of the CP mount and how you attached it.

Good luck on your initial brew session. I'm still about a month out I'm afraid.

-Corey

Corey,

Yeah I mounted my CP onto a 3/4 of plywood that I stained to match the stand. I then bolted this too an extra old Direct TV Sat dish mounting arm, this is the part of the dish that is used to mount the round actual dish to the house or roof. I have this bolted to the side of my brew stand. I will take some better pics and show how it is all on there. Thanks.

WAORGANY said:
Corey,

Yeah I mounted my CP onto a 3/4 of plywood that I stained to match the stand. I then bolted this too an extra old Direct TV Sat dish mounting arm, this is the part of the dish that is used to mount the round actual dish to the house or roof. I have this bolted to the side of my brew stand. I will take some better pics and show how it is all on there. Thanks.

Clever man. It looks nice and very functional. I assume it's sturdy as well?

Can't wait to see some brew day pictures! Great build!

Thanks, got the few LED switch issues worked out..note to all if you take apart your switch prior to or during the build make sure you keep all the parts separate the color LEDS work much better with the matching colored filters..still have an issue with one blue switch for pump two but have been working with Suyi from Auber and should have a solution soon! Pretty excited to test this all out. Wired the elements today and getting very close!

Did a calibration of sight glass on HLT yeap one gallon at a time and then drained using only gravity through center dip tube and had less than. 1/4 cup of water

image-1270740449.jpg

Looking good man, the finish line is right around the corner. I just noticed your from northern NY. Where about? I went to school in Syracuse and grew up in Gouverneur, 45 mins north of Watertown.

smittygouv30 said:
Looking good man, the finish line is right around the corner. I just noticed your from northern NY. Where about? I went to school in Syracuse and grew up in Gouverneur, 45 mins north of Watertown.

Smack in between! I am just outside of Watertown. About an hour north of SYR

CAUTION Note to all.....

When working around water...ensure that your phone iPhone or other is no place near....

Working on pump test, flow, and double checking for any leaks yesterday might have resulted in a small issue....

my phone was in my unzipped jacket pocket....switching hoses around...and yeap...

Kerplunk....

WTF...is that...OH #%$@%$#%$@ my phone...right into a 5 gallon pail of water....

about 2-5 seconds as my hand dove in and pulled it out...

everything still works? Low volume...so shut it down...pulled SIM, filled a tupperware container with rice and will let it sit for a day or two and hope its all good.

Could be the most expensive part of my build..a new iPhone!!!!

:drunk: :( :(:confused::confused::confused:

Back