Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry passedpawn... but the Ray's fan support really sucks...

I'm a big fan, and I back that up with some fair money (I sit behind the plate for at least 15 games a year, 2 seats). So, I know you don't mean to offend, but take your dumb fan argument elsewhere. It gets old. I've been to 3 Tigs games this year... you?

I'm going to call it ... Fister pitches the seventh game of the world series on two day's rest and Tigers win.

I'm a big fan, and I back that up with some fair money (I sit behind the plate for at least 15 games a year, 2 seats). So, I know you don't mean to offend, but take your dumb fan argument elsewhere. It gets old. I've been to 3 Tigs games this year... you?

Hmmmm........... I didn't think that my comment about the poor fan support in Tampa would get a response.... Passedpawn... I'm almost 60... I've been to more games in more parks than average. I will be at the welcome home game today. WTH it's only a 400 mile road trip...If I had to guess it's 250 games before I met the wife.. she saw 50 before I met her... we saw 25 together.. then we moved to the other side of the state..and we see 3 games a year.. that's another 51 games since we moved. Go Whitecaps

I see that the Tigers are going to pitch Fister tonight in relief instead of his normal start tomorrow... he can grab a couple innings.. this sets up the rotation for the AL playoffs, Verlander in the first game, Scherzer or Fister in the second..Good move Leyland.game starts in 20 minutes

As long as Penny stays on the bench...

Wow...I'll be eating crow for thinking SF was completely out of it after tonight. Atlanta loses, AZ loses, we get 6 games in a row, as well as hit the magic 6 games back.

Anyone care to join the crow BBQ? (Bring beer.)
There is still a small very small teeny tiny chance :ban:

AND I hope they lose tomorrow too :)

A Cardinal loss and Brewer win is all it takes and since I'll be at the game tomorrow, I REALLY hope it happens tomorrow!!!

Hey have fun at the game tomorrow and I hope they clinch it while you are there. I was at the final game in 08 when they beat the Chubs and we all stuck around and watched the Mets-Marlins on the JumboTron. That day will stick in my head for all time. I hope tomorrow gives you as good memories as I had on 08. GO CREW!!!!

Didn't see a Tiger win tonight. But I did notice that on Cabrera's line out to left how fast the ball got to the outfield. His hit to right field came straight at me. That ball got so large so fast it was incredible. What power.. I see that no team in first or second in their division/ league won Thursday except for the D'backs... EDIT... Indians won....Tampa is 2 back Angels 3 in the Wild card hunt.... Tigers and Rangers are tied for home field advantage in the first round....this is going to be an interesting final week.

Got my Game 5 ALDS tickets for face value. Yankees playoff tickets sell-out on their site within minutes, so I was very surprised to find good tickets. I hate wishing for a Game 5, but if it happens its on my birthday, so I thought that was kinda cool.

As great as it sounds, they won't. You never intentionally lose games. BUT, I would not be surprised to see a lot of the starters resting and some new faces playing. They already clinched homefield advantage, so there's really no reason not to get the young guys some experience.

If you were the Yankees would you let Tampa win the next 3 games to eliminate the hated Red Sox. I know I would

I have been thinking about this all day. I think it is one of those unwritten rules of baseball that you don't throw a game. I'd be willing to bet Red Sux nation won't be wearing this t-shirt.
ta0844.gif

I have been thinking about this all day. I think it is one of those unwritten rules of baseball that you don't throw a game. I'd be willing to bet Red Sux nation won't be wearing this t-shirt.
ta0844.gif

Yeah whatever. There will be TONS of Sux fans cheering for the Spankees in this series.

Go Rays!!!!

I seriously can't believe it came down to this close... if you asked me a month ago, I was still watching the games, but very discouraged. Not sure if the Rays made the change, or the RedSox just started sucking, but I don't care. :rockin::rockin::rockin:

Indeed. I am watching the Brewers-Bucs on TV, and keeping track of all the other important games on the puter and iphone. Good to see the Rays knotted it all up.

doing the same, except watching the Tiger, Indians game... again... I just like watching Fister pitch.... I don't think you want to watch the Brewers, Bucks game again

I just hope the Angels don't roll over and play dead. They just have to win 1 to give the Tigers a chance..

doing the same, except watching the Tiger, Indians game... again... I just like watching Fister pitch.... I don't think you want to watch the Brewers, Bucks game again

No kidding. I really like Roenicke, but for some reason he just loves the contact play with a guy on 3rd. I don't think I have seen that play work all year. Grrrrr. At least the DBacks lost. if the Crew bounces back in the next 2 games, they will have home field for the first playoff series, no matter who they wind up playing.

Back