favorite summer brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newfermenter1

Reaction score
At the end of friggin hot summer day, when its time to sit back and appreciate the days labor, or swig a few with friends while the grill is going, what is your favorite "lawnmower" beer? I like a wheat / wit, (made a cream ale that is awesome, thanks death brewer!) but looking for some homebrew ideas that will inspire a new batch in the fermenter. A thirst quencher!

:rockin:

Ed's pale ale is a big favorite around here, but I am becoming more and more partial to ordinary bitters. A nice light malty taste with noble hop overtones and a low ABV.... mmmmm, mmmmm good after working in the sun:mug:

deathweed said:
Ed's pale ale is a big favorite around here, but I am becoming more and more partial to ordinary bitters. A nice light malty taste with noble hop overtones and a low ABV.... mmmmm, mmmmm good after working in the sun:mug:
correct me if I am wrong, but the bitters are lower in cabination, thus easier to . . . quench!?

Don't have a few good temp control system, so whatever works at high temps (ie Belgiums). Will probably try to few up something Saison-ish this summer.

Newfermenter1 said:
correct me if I am wrong, but the bitters are lower in cabination, thus easier to . . . quench!?

Eh, I don't constrict myself to strict style guidelines, mostly because I only have one regulator and carbonate everything the same:cross:

And yes. the apfelwein is quite quenching, mostly because you get a good long nap after downing a couple of those. The headache when you wake up though.....:D

I like cheap BMC when it's h3ll hot outside. But, when the sun goes down and the moon comes up, it's hoppy time.

I designed Bent Rod Rye as a summer beer. Nice nose, not too bitter and only 4%. Got a keg of it ready to dry hop, but more frost this morning!

A good Kolsch or a blonde...Alas i have made neither so I have to go with commercial examples

Back