NHC competition - can't register, server slammed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetcell

Protruding Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
anyone else having trouble registering their beers for NHC?

i was able to create my account easily, but every time i try adding an entry i get a 503 timeout message.

looks like the server is crumbling under the onslaught...

Yep. After sending email after email warning people to register early because each site will fill up apparently they weren't ready for everyone trying to enter as soon as they opened it.

Anybody want to share the link to register? I'm still waiting for it to appear on the site...

I registered fine, then couldn't submit entries, and then I had to re-enter all my info. Guess I'll be registered tonight instead. How long you think it will take for it to fill up?

I feel like I'm on Ticketmaster at 10am for a hot ticket. :)
nah, TM is set up for this kind of a crush. i'm a concert junkie and go to a lot of shows and they always handle it well. LCD Soundsystem's last show at MSG was the only time i've experienced TM failing completely. at least TM gives you a count-down ("your wait time is approximately X minutes" or whatever) - so you know you're in the queue.

in this sh*t-show, we've just plain ol' timing out.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /data/vhost1/www.brewingcompetition.com/deploy/html/region9/site/config.php on line 6
Warning: mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /data/vhost1/www.brewingcompetition.com/deploy/html/region9/site/config.php on line 8

Too many connections

so far ive registered but cant add entries.... oh well i guess ill keep trying

Same here, got registered but couldn't add an entry...can't believe they weren't prepared for this! wtf..

I got one of mine in, but ran into the 503 wall trying to enter the second. Until I pay it's not actually "entered" though, so we'll see what happens. Just keep hitting F5.

Anyone know what competition software they are using this year? I had heard from another judge at a competition earlier this year that they were using different software, and I want to make sure I don't use that one for the next competition my club runs.

Thanks AZ. I thought there were going to be some direct links to the specific locations (which may help with the server load on the main site).

Back