Malt poster?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keesh

Reaction score
Hey all, hows everyone doing tonight.

I just finished my first AG brew day! Unrelated to the actual thread, but I wanted to share.

My question is, does anyone know of a poster in the same vein as http://hopschart.com/ this one which lays out different malts and their color/flavor/etc.? I am trying to get a bunch of different brewing posters together for my man cave. :rockin: Thanks for the help!

Wow! Nothing that aesthetically beautiful! Idk if I would pull a $30 trigger, but it would be awesome to have. I have a malt characteristics chart that alludes to color - it's excel based. I'll email it if you pm your email.

Well I can't really expect to find something so beautiful. However an excel sheet might bring a striking contrast to the rich color and layout of the hops poster. It is worth looking into, thanks!

I have found this poster to be absolutely fantastic for those that want to learn the formulas rather than just using all the programs we have at our finger tips. Plus it is done very very well. Cheers to the artist :mug:

Home Brewer's Formulary Poster

Enjoy

Hey all, hows everyone doing tonight.

I just finished my first AG brew day! Unrelated to the actual thread, but I wanted to share.

My question is, does anyone know of a poster in the same vein as http://hopschart.com/ this one which lays out different malts and their color/flavor/etc.? I am trying to get a bunch of different brewing posters together for my man cave. :rockin: Thanks for the help!

So that hopchart you reference is actually what inspired me to make my interactive hop chart -> http://glimmer.rstudio.com/ryanhope/hops

If I can get enough details on grains I could probably make a similar chart.

Wow! Nothing that aesthetically beautiful! Idk if I would pull a $30 trigger, but it would be awesome to have. I have a malt characteristics chart that alludes to color - it's excel based. I'll email it if you pm your email.

You can get a .jpeg of that chart and have it printed out poster size at kinkos or any print store for cheap.

You can get a .jpeg of that chart and have it printed out poster size at kinkos or any print store for cheap.
Why not support the artist/individual who put a lot of time and effort into creating the poster and pay the $30 rather than steal it?

@ryanhope thanks for sharing...that is a fantastic interactive chart.

Why not support the artist/individual who put a lot of time and effort into creating the poster and pay the $30 rather than steal it?

I just want to second that sentiment and also add that $30 for a 24 x 36 poster is a fair market price, at least in my town. I run a print shop and we would sell that product for $36 + tax if you walked in the door with a print ready high res file.

I understand that but that site isn't the original. They print off copies just like every other online homebrew store that sells them.

Check out www.fermentarium.com/homebrewing/brewing-beer/a-very-cool-hop-chart

Out of respect of the person mentioned in the blog linked, I sent an email asking about the chart and his copyright permissions.

Wow thanks for posting that is quite the poster I may have to order one!

Back