8oz Mott's fermented accidentally and it's delicious!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThunderPanda

Reaction score
So i was using some 8 oz mott's juice containers to just fill out the headspace in my primaries about two weeks ago. I then set it on the floor and forgot about it. I saw it today and was thirsty and wondering if it went bad or not. When I opened it, it went "pshhhhhh" and bubbled a little bit. Then I noticed it was bubbling from the bottom, from fermentation.

I decided to be bold and just try it... To my surprise, it was super good!!! Very appley, a bit sweet, slightly carbonated. It actually reminded me a lot of woodchuck. Maybe I will just keep buying these, open them, let them sit for two weeks, and drink. lol... And maybe it will even work again someday. Or maybe they will explode, who knows!

I'm sure it helped having such good proximity to your cider. It's a good sign, keep it going and you might have a house yeast you don't even have to take care of.

I bought some fresh apple cider with the intention of fermenting it. I left it in the fridge for like two months. When I finally took it out, the bottle was under pressure and the cider tasted like it had alcohol in it. It was a miracle!

I bought some fresh apple cider with the intention of fermenting it. I left it in the fridge for like two months. When I finally took it out, the bottle was under pressure and the cider tasted like it had alcohol in it. It was a miracle!

LOL

So I bought a larger container of motts and dumped the little one into it. Hoping to get lucky!

Latest posts

Back