My Kegerator plan has been foiled!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willsellout

Reaction score
So the wife and I bought a brand spankin new fridge and I was planning on making our current one into a kegerator...wouldn't you know it, the damn thing comes and doesn't fit! Turns out the floors are uneven and i can't clear the cupboards and unfortunately we are renting so I can't do anything about it! So now, I have no kegerator so I have to keep bottling. Good news is that I have an extra 1500 bucks, part of which is going to pay for my AG setup. I was really looking forward to a new fridge though:(

Dan

If you think you have $1500 because your new fridge doesn't fit, you either haven't been married long or you're heading for a divorce. While it's true that simply standing in such a way as to put your keg between you and her while she is angry is sufficient to cool it to drinkable levels, you can suffer from hearing damage while attempting to consume your brew. In addition, if she manages to warm up enough for a bit of the old Adam and Eve thing, you're left with warm beer again.

So, at this point it's one or the other. How much do you love your xxxx? (Insert beer/wife here) :rolleyes:

addendum:

My SWMBO says that you're not $1500 richer, you're $500 poorer because you're going to have to buy her a more expensive fridge that WILL fit. Sorry to break the news, but she'll be pointing that out to you any moment now....

Fingers said:
If you think you have $1500 because your new fridge doesn't fit, you either haven't been married long or you're heading for a divorce. While it's true that simply standing in such a way as to put your keg between you and her while she is angry is sufficient to cool it to drinkable levels, you can suffer from hearing damage while attempting to consume your brew. In addition, if she manages to warm up enough for a bit of the old Adam and Eve thing, you're left with warm beer again.

So, at this point it's one or the other. How much do you love your xxxx? (Insert beer/wife here) :rolleyes:

such truth I have not heard often in my travels in life.
:D

edit : Fingers' SHMBO : More truth! You make good couple!!!

Fingers said:
addendum:
My SWMBO says that you're not $1500 richer, you're $500 poorer because you're going to have to buy her a more expensive fridge that WILL fit. Sorry to break the news, but she'll be pointing that out to you any moment now....

That's been discussed. We figured if we can't get the fridge we want, we will just keep this one until it breaks and then get a new one then. We need a larger fridge and a larger fridge just won't fit unfortunately. I was bummed, I really wanted a new fridge, as well as a new kegerator.

Of course the $1500.00 isn't all going to me..a couple hundred will go to the AG stuff, a couple hundred to her for her stuff and a nice V-day present..the rest of this and our tax return shall go into savings and investments.
I'm lucky enough to have a wife that loves my hobby and one that knows that there isn't sh*t to do here and that I would eventually drive her as well as myself insane if I didn't have my brewing to keep me busy.
:mug:

Fingers said:

you are correct...married for two years..although we've known each other since we were 14. It's a pretty cool relationship. She wants something, she gets it before me. If she doesn't want anything I can get stuff. It just so happens she doesn't want anything currently:)

Dan

Kewl, kewl, very kewl.

I'm sure MY SWMBO supports my new hobby in the same philosophy she's always had. As long as the boys are at MY house whooping it up, she knows where I am and who I'm with. :drunk: :D :mug: It's worked for 18 years now. :rockin:

Back