Orlando?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demus

Reaction score
Anyone? We could meet at the Tap Room in lake Nona; I know the owner. Home LHBS could be the Homebrew store in Narcoosee...

There is already the Central Florida Homebrewers in Orlando that meet apt he first Sunday of every month at Rossi's Pizza on OBT.

And an Osceoala County one called BroO that meets at the Elks Lodge in Kissimmee St Cloud area. The Homebrew Store on Narcoossee has information about both.

I live in Orlando as well and am just starting out.

I go to the homebrew store in Sanford.

Any of you guys ever go out to that one?

I live in East Orlando over by UCF.

:mug:

@imnothardcore ya man. I've been goin like twice a week. Was just there today n goin back thurs morning to pick up a recipe. Doesn't seem to be much goin on in this area. I'm just getting into it and love it. That store is great btw

@jdot6 we will have to meet for a beer sometime man!

4 sure! I actually work at sea dog down by lake Buena vista. If you wanna come by let me kno. I'm the chef so I can take care of u 4 sure. B good 2 meet someone interested, or as obsessed, as am. Lol. But ya i live in Sanford so that shop is like 5 min from my house. Brewing Thursday then heading to live after five

what days do you typically work? You working valentines day, I think I will actually be out that way.

@imnothardcore my schedule changes weekly but being the chef I write my own schedule. That also means I'm usually here for weekends. I'll be around all day Valentine's too. We open at 11:30 am and I'll be here from like 10-10. Swing by for a beer!

YAh I saw you were in clermont. Either of you guys ever make it out to world of beer?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Have heard much, but never went to there. FYI, I shop hearts in Orl, I know the main guy is a bit-salty?- but it really is a great place and best prices around. No not a store front, but then again, you are not paying for pretty!

Ya I went 2 WOB last night actually. Lol. I won't go 2 hearts for that reason. The guys in sanford are real helpful with any questions you have plus it's 5 min from my house

Initially I was going to go to hearts but everyone I know shops at the Sanford shop. Heard the guys there were awesome so decided to go there. Haven't heard anything about hearts.

Does hearts carry grains and everything?

Which wob did you go to?

Ya hearts has grains. Nice selection of wine stuff 2 just don't ask the guy a question. Lol. I was at the lake mary 1.

Hearts is great, and over the years I have seen the Dr Jekyll side of Hyde slip out. Ya only a min, but he just isn't a big socializer. The other guy there very mellow and friendly. They very knowledgable and the Mr Hyde is quite into the chemistry side of brewing.

Ya I just went by quick on my way home. It's outta my way and I can get whatever I need at the sanford shop which is 5 min from my house. Prices seem good at the sanford shop 2. U guys brew often?

I am brewing a couple times a week. Anyone in this area doing bulk buys to save $$$?

Since I am a non supporting member, I can't post in the group buys, on my own, a bag of #2 row is 60 bucks, have seen quotes half that for pallet buys. And 200 for DME,55lb is a bit too much for me.

Thinking of grabbing a beer 2nite. Anyone around?

can't tonight, but Im really considering hitting world of beer UCF this saturday.
They are having some special event to try Bells Hop Slam and Black Note.

if you are over 500 beers you can get in early at 330 to get a guaranteed pint of each.

That's awesome! I neva got the card 2 keep track. So stupid. I work at 1 Saturday anyways. Let me kno how it is if u go

As you may be able to tell by my very obvious username, I too live in Orlando ;-)

Currently brew about every other weekend. I used to get 100% of my ingredients from Hearts, but honestly there's a less known start-up homebrew company called "homebrewfl" that I'm getting almost all my stuff from - mostly because its a much better experience to do so. Stephen is the owner, and he's a blast to do business with. His prices are very competative, and his inventory is growing - Think of everything you hate about hearts, and picture the exact opposite. Super friendly, personable, and will even come over to brew with you if you invite him! Very cool dude, unfortunately he doesn't have a store yet, so he just meets up with you for local pickup.

Still though, check it out if you guys are interested - homebrewfl.com

What are you all brewing next?

Just got done right now. Did a kolsch with coriander, lemon and grains of paradise. Good brew day. I'll check that site out!

I got a stout and wheat going in the next few days. Its going to be a double batch day!

I heard World of Beer UCF is doing a crawfish boil 2pm Sunday so I might show up for that.

where does the home-brew fl guy typically like to meet up? Id be down to buy my next batch from him to check it out. I am happy to give the Sanford guys my business, they are awesome. But if he can be closerish to my side of town, sure why not..

Damn I need to pay attention to this events at WOB. I have to work Sunday. Sounds like you have a fun day coming up man!

Nice batches guys, I just finished my first Scottish 80/- ale, bubbling away! @imnothardcore, I always grab my ingredients from Stephen on Saturdays before I mash in, so I'm really not sure when during the week he could meetup. I'd just trying calling him to be honest.

I'm getting ready to brew 2nite! Doing a banana cocoa hefeweizen that I'm calling jungle fever. Now I'll have 3 in bottles and 4 in buckets. My tangerine cardamom blonde ale will be ready to drink in 2 days

I see no one has posted here in a while. I'm brewing a SMaSH 2 row mosaic pale ale this weekend. Should be great.

Just finished a blonde with elderberry and elderflower yesterday. Let us kno how urs turns out! Good luck!

Same here. Have you used elderberry before? I've never had one before.

I have but not in beer. Similar to a blueberry but it has more tannins. I bought dried ones from the store so they're a little sweeter. Put the flower in at 10 and the berries at 5. Smelled wicked good. Magic hat has a elderberry weisse out right now. Kind of eh.

I'll have to check it out. I usually don't go for many fruit beers but when I find one that's done well that's all i want.

I had and amazing raspberry habenero chocolate porter from a brewery in Charlotte called NODA brewing. It is defiantly on my list of beers to clone.

I've heard great things about NODA. That sounds amazing too. I was planning on using habanero soon in a mango IPA. If u clone that I would love to try! I've never been impressed by orlando brewing really. Everything seems average at best to me. IMHO

I agree. Most of the brewery in central Florida have been disappointing to me. Cigar city is Florida's saving grace

Cigar city is great. A lot of other good ones I'm hearing about towards that way tho. Seventh sun and rapp are on my list to try next time I'm out there.

Jax has like 5 breweries I've been wanting to make a trip up there and check them out too.

I might make a few stops in jax on my way back from Georgia in july. I'm a mariners fan and they're coming to the Rays in 2 weeks. Def going to go to rapp

Back