CO2 escapes big time when connect to regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertsoilguy

Reaction score
I have had my kegorator for several years and no issues. Suddenly a CO2 cylinder ran out in less than a week. I had it filled, reattached it to my dual regulator, and no matter what I do CO2 rushes out (very noisy) when I open the cylinder. Have checked the connection with the regulator and it seems tight and secure. I closed the shutoff value on the regulator and turned the adjusting knob to the fully counterclockwise position (zero pressure setting). This is quite frustrating - any suggestions?

I have had my kegorator for several years and no issues. Suddenly a CO2 cylinder ran out in less than a week. I had it filled, reattached it to my dual regulator, and no matter what I do CO2 rushes out (very noisy) when I open the cylinder. Have checked the connection with the regulator and it seems tight and secure. I closed the shutoff value on the regulator and turned the adjusting knob to the fully counterclockwise position (zero pressure setting). This is quite frustrating - any suggestions?

do you still have the plastic washer that fits between the regulator and the stem of the c02 tank? If it's intact, and in good shape, then I don't know. But I'd check that out first!

Problem solved (I hope). The regulator in question is Taprite 542 made for Beverage Factory which up to now has performed very well. I took another look at the built-in plastic washer and noticed it was a little loose. Tightened it down with a screwdriver and it looks like I am back in business. Will check it each time I get a new C02 refill from now on.

Back