Differences in juices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dantose

Reaction score
Ok, so my first experiment with cider was simple and awesome. My brother picked up some cheap cider from building 19 called martinellis gold medal cider. All I did was toss some yeast in and let it run for about 2-3 days, chilled it and drank. It came out slightly yeasty probably due to little time to settle, but other than that, it was awesome and I thought, "I could just keep making bunches of this to keep me off the stuff I'm trying to let age!"

Second shot was same thing with store brand concentrate rehydrated. it came out yeasty, sour, and much drier.

I'm assuming this is differences in the types of apples used so my question is, what should I be looking for to keep with that quick, tasty hard ciders? The first batch of 3 L didnt last long enough to decarbonate despite not being bottled.

Very few apple juices will list the apples used, a chronic problem. I'd love to get some Granny Smith juice.

Back