Dude...I've got this...UM...thing on my ****!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostDakota

Reaction score
14145-102_1186.JPG

Specs:BB IPA w/extra cup of Amber DME Intending to dry hop w/ an extra 1oz Cascade leaf, WLP0001 no starter
I've never seen those "rings" on a carboy before. Can someone explain that?
*read OP is to much of a bush to ask if he's got an infection*

Lil' Sparky said:
Looks like you probably swept up some dry yeast off the floor with some dirt, feathers, and bird poop. ;)
I couldn't bring myself to watch that after the first time he called the racking cane an "Um...thing..."

LostDakota said:
14145-102_1186.JPG

Specs:BB IPA w/extra cup of Amber DME Intending to dry hop w/ an extra 1oz Cascade leaf, WLP0001 no starter
I've never seen those "rings" on a carboy before. Can someone explain that?
*read OP is to much of a bush to ask if he's got an infection*

I could be some chud that left itself on the sides from a previous batch ? , seeing that they are fluid level rings that's all I can come up with, check your sanitation ?

Is there a bulge in the glass where that ring is of yeast is? If the glass is concave on the inner surface of the carboy, the turbulence may allow yeast to build up in there. Maybe?

chase said:
Is there a bulge in the glass where that ring is of yeast is? If the glass is concave on the inner surface of the carboy, the turbulence may allow yeast to build up in there. Maybe?

Correct................

Back