Munton Double IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bberdel

Reaction score
I am brewing my first batch and wanted to make a double IPA the guy at the store said to just add two IPA kits into the standard instructions and that should do the trick? Anyone else have any input on this?

It's not so simple to start with a standard IPA kit recipe and then double it to produce a Double IPA.

List your recipe, being as exact as possible, and we can help further. Also, mention your goals for this beer, i.e. how you want it to taste, smell, feel.

P.S. - This style of beer would highly benefit from a full volume boil (no top off water).

thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. - recipe from the box...as I do not know much at this point.

100% hopped malt extract made from 2 row premium grain malt, mashed and boiled with blended hop pellets...that is really all it has. then I was going to add 1kg of sugar as it recommends for the "upper ranks reserve"...
I like stronger IPAs / hoppier but not too bitter.

by full volume boil I take it you mean boil all 5 gallons with the malt in it?

Back