Where did you get your heating element?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CircleC-Brewer

Reaction score
I should be getting my Rims Tube from Brewer Hardware this week. However, I still need to order my heating element. Any recommendations on where to purchase one? Is there a brand or style I should use?

Thanks for the help

Circle C Brewer

I got mine from Plumbing Supply online. I got the 4500W ULD corrosion resistant incoly elements for my BK and HLT. They are the Camco brand.

Haven't used mine yet (first tests tomorrow or Wed), but have heard many good things about these.

TB

Same here. I went with the 5500w model.....you'll need to get the LWD vs the ULWD because the ripple style won't work in your RIMS tube. That being said, you can use whatever you'd like in the BK if you're going electric. CAMCO seems to be the best rated brand.

I have gotten some from the Plumbing Supply mentioned in post #2 and also the local Ace Hardware. Both have worked out well.

If you can find it local, you will save on shipping. The only reason I ordered the first round online was to get the Low Density 1500W elements.

Damn I wish I had access to cheap elements like you guys. In Iceland 4-5000w elements set you back about $400. I tried locating some ULWD 4500-5500w elements on ebay but most won't ship to Iceland. Anyone want to volunteer and ship me a couple? :)

Damn I wish I had access to cheap elements like you guys. In Iceland 4-5000w elements set you back about $400. I tried locating some ULWD 4500-5500w elements on ebay but most won't ship to Iceland. Anyone want to volunteer and ship me a couple? :)

If it's legal, I'd be happy to ship you a couple if you covered the cost of the items and shipping.

I should be getting my Rims Tube from Brewer Hardware this week. However, I still need to order my heating element. Any recommendations on where to purchase one? Is there a brand or style I should use?

Thanks for the help

Circle C Brewer

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does a RIMS tube do and why does one need it? I'm going to be going electric and I am still doing my research, so I'm a bit clueless.

If it's legal, I'd be happy to ship you a couple if you covered the cost of the items and shipping.
Thanks, I'll send you a PM :) (It's legal)

Jeez, no kidding!

Heck, I should buy a ton of them and let you sell them. You'd retire in 6 months!
Yeah, not sure the market is that big here tho :) Iceland is smaller than most big american citys at 300k inhabitants

I bought my two from Amazon (search "heater element".) I found 1650w that I can use on my 15 amp breakers in my rented apartment.

Just got mine in!
elements.jpg

Yeah, It's a big brewery..... :)

JK. I need 1 for the RIMS, and 1 each for the BK and MLT.
I also bought an extra of each, just in case there is an issue on a brewday.

Got my Camco 5500 ones on Amazon for like 18 + shipping. They are on there for 24 too for less shipping...but not enough to cover the cheaper price and slightly higher shipping.

Back