MD/DC/PA/DE/NoVA FALL brew day 9/11/2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*bump* since I mentioned to a few people in introductions and other areas that there was a thread to talk about brewday...

What's everyone brewing? I don't think I have a brew partner or a recipe yet....

Better than looking like a child molester. Have you gotten the "free candy" decal for the sh!tstang yet?

I'm honestly coming to see how all-grain works. Other than that, I can bring the centennial blonde that just finished, or any other beer that is acceptable.

All I know is that I'm making an ale, my single lagering vessel will be tied up with oktoberfest til... well October.

I'll be attending this brewday. Woo-hoo.
WOuld like to do a simple brew... stout, bitter, brown whatever... nothing sour mind you.

Anyone interested in partnering?

Will also bring some of the infamous strawberry-banannannannnana mead that Joe and Al have experienced.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how does everyone handle equipment transportation, and more importantly, finished wort transportation on brewday?

Bigger carboy = plenty of room for sloshing. The only thing I'd think about is using a bucket as the airlock sticks in there harder, or a carboy cap if you have a carboy. Bungs might slip out with a big jolt. Other option is to san up some reynolds wrap or whatever and put that over the carboy with a rubber band to hold it on till you get home.

I may be just coming to hang, but if anyone is hard up, or an extract brewer wants to split an AG batch I could be convinced to brew.

Will also bring some of the infamous strawberry-banannannannnana mead that Joe and Al have experienced.

Save some for me. I will be there but probably not brewing again. I gotta work till 1 but will be there right after work.

You should try to get someone else to go in on it. No reason you've got to go without it on my account.

BTW I think wifey and I have settled on making Weizenbock. If anyone's interested in doing this as a 10 gal, let me know.

images

Pint glasses, we talked about getting glasses in the past... I think it will be around 2-2.50 a glass, but we would need 72..... I ve talked to al and ryan... anyone else think they would want some?

If anyone is looking to unload 12 oz bottles, I am 100% out and have 4-5 sour batches coming up for bottling in the next few months.

I dunno how many I have, but I always save whatever is left over from people bringing them to brewday, so you're welcome to whatever I have on the shelf when you come down.

If anyone is looking to unload 12 oz bottles, I am 100% out and have 4-5 sour batches coming up for bottling in the next few months.

I've got 3-4 cases I could spare. They all have labels on them, hope that's not a deal breaker ;)

Pint glasses, we talked about getting glasses in the past... I think it will be around 2-2.50 a glass, but we would need 72..... I ve talked to al and ryan... anyone else think they would want some?

Im in on at least a few. Really depends on money at the time.

I have a ton of bottles. Most are still labeled and probably weren't cleaned that great. I'll bring whatever I can fit in the car. It will probably be a few cases at least.

Cool, I will take all bottles, labled or otherwise.

And I will also return a well read copy of Brew Like a Monk to Wes.

Ok, Stefin wants to move on these glasses fast so we can get them by brewday. We found a site that makes it about $1.25-1.50 a glass.

Minimum order is 6 (for ease of dividing them out since they come in cases of 12). That's about $8-9. Easily affordable.

Yay or nay....say it now so STEFIN can get things done tomorrow.

As much as he wants me to, I am not in charge of this shyte.

I'll take 12, glasses not cases.

How much lead and cadmium will they contain? I just want to make sure I under shoot my beer color by a proper amount to make it appear normal in these glasses when you account for the extra heavy metals that normal glasses don't have.

Back