Igloo FR464 mini-fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just converted mine yesterday. I can get both kegs in, but i literally have to force the second one in. This is after shaving the shelf holders off. Anybody have experience with this?

yes mine is same. tight squeeze but gets in there. if it was only like 1/2 inch wider would be perfect.

So, I just looked at my office fridge and it is the FR464. not sure where my coworkers bought it back in October. It has the coolant lines in the freezer compartment, however.

I hope the one that I ordered a couple days ago from Walmart.com doesn't have the coolant lines. I don't want to have to trust myself with bending coolant lines.

Here's hoping.

The one I ordered for store pickup had the removable freezer. Make sure to check it for damage the packaging is terrible.

So it arrived, and the freezer compartment was removeable! Huzzah!

Only problem is that the unit was damaged in shipping and the door wont stay on. The hinge is bent. I thought about bending it back myself, but SWMBO convinced me to have Walmart send another one.

Has anyone installed a faucet tower on this? I mainly use mine for lagering, but I am considering added a tower.

Has anyone removed the door storage rack? If so how much depth did this add from the compression hump to the door?

So it arrived, and the freezer compartment was removeable! Huzzah!

Only problem is that the unit was damaged in shipping and the door wont stay on. The hinge is bent. I thought about bending it back myself, but SWMBO convinced me to have Walmart send another one.

It sounds like everyone gets a damaged fridge to done extent. Mine wasn't too bad so i let it go. I don't even think it's from shipping, i think they send them out damaged.

It sounds like everyone gets a damaged fridge to done extent. Mine wasn't too bad so i let it go. I don't even think it's from shipping, i think they send them out damaged.

Well, turns out that the 2nd fridge that Walmart shipped me was broken as well. The motor turned on, but after 24 hours it actually got warmer inside, not colder. I returned it for a refund.

I just ordered a Danby DAR125SLDD from Amazon, instead (Prime FTW!).

Started my full conversion today. Currently have two kegs in the fridge.

image-1948665360.jpg

image-3519665850.jpg

I just finished (mostly -- still need to move the thermostat / light) my single-tap kegerator last night. I'm not sure what model, but I have a 4.4/4.5 CU Ft mini-fridge which came with removable trays in the door, so I didn't have to cut anything. :) The only thing I did "wrong" (IMHO) was that I didn't make sure the tap was perfectly parallel to the sides... it's slightly at an angle to the front of the fridge. :) Oh, well... it'll work. When I eventually upgrade to a dual-tap tower, I'll fix that. :)

Anyone have any tips for shaving down the sides to fit a second ball lock? I have a single keg in there now, and some conditioning beer but eventually want to put two kegs with a dual tower!

Anyone have any tips for shaving down the sides to fit a second ball lock? I have a single keg in there now, and some conditioning beer but eventually want to put two kegs with a dual tower!

I just used a utility knife with a fresh blade to shave off the shelf brackets on mine. Just be careful to not cut yourself or slice up the walls too bad. I put some aluminum foil-style ducting tape over the brackets "holes" afterward (it's what I had on hand).

Two ball-locks fit will but, as others have probably mentioned, be prepared for it to be tight.

Cheers.

I just used a utility knife with a fresh blade to shave off the shelf brackets on mine. Just be careful to not cut yourself or slice up the walls too bad. I put some aluminum foil-style ducting tape over the brackets "holes" afterward (it's what I had on hand).

Two ball-locks fit will but, as others have probably mentioned, be prepared for it to be tight.

Cheers.

Thank for this, I will be doing that and cutting the tap tower hole soon, any advice or measurements for that so I don't ruin it? haha:drunk:

This is currently the inside of mine. After I kick this keg, I am going to take everything out and unplug it. I am going to attempt to modify it finally! I plan on moving the freezer part to the very back as far as I can. I will keep one keg on the right side, and then have a 2.5 gallon keg on the left side and hopefully still be able to fit the co2 tank on the back shelf and then make a small removable shelf to sit on top of the 2.5 gallon keg to store bottles. The main thing I am worried about is drilling through the top of the fridge. Anyone have measurements or areas to avoid?

newkeg2.jpg

Anyone have tips for drilling holes in this model? I dont want to hit any refrigerant lines.

Back