Logo Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M Made it for me

logo2.jpg

Mine is not a finished project yet, but I want to see where this thread goes. Subscribe!

These are inspiring guys! I'm mulling ideas around in my head these days...hope to post something soon...

anyone wanna set up a how to on your logo so us people who havent messed with inkscape much can get a good handle on how to do it????

SociasLogo.jpg

This is what I'm using on my bottle caps, hence the basic vector skillz. Probably going to redo it in the next few months to something higher quality.

anyone wanna set up a how to on your logo so us people who havent messed with inkscape much can get a good handle on how to do it????

If you are unfamiliar with any type of art program, just take the time to learn Inkscape or Illustrator instead of Photoshop. You should really be doing this type of thing in a vector editing program.

If you are unfamiliar with any type of art program, just take the time to learn Inkscape or Illustrator instead of Photoshop. You should really be doing this type of thing in a vector editing program.

Photoshop 8 and up utilizes vector graphics, not bitmap. Its much more difficult to learn photoshop than inkspace or illustrator though.

SociasLogo.jpg

This is what I'm using on my bottle caps, hence the basic vector skillz. Probably going to redo it in the next few months to something higher quality.

I'd like to know how you're puting those on your caps! Are you just printing on round 1" labels?

-Tripod

I'd like to know how you're puting those on your caps! Are you just printing on round 1" labels?

-Tripod

Using this method:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f46/diy-custom-crown-caps-103859/
I reverse the image, print them on heavyweight paper spaced in a MS Word table with just over 1"x1" cells (1 cell per image). I print the sheets of images, cut them out into 1x1" squares, put the goop on the caps, apply the square image to the cap, let it dry, gently rub it off under running water (getting about 70% working, with the other 30% not transferring correctly). Let it dry, spray with sealer.

Hardest part is getting most of the goop off the image without rubbing the small serif stuff off the font.

Photoshop 8 and up utilizes vector graphics, not bitmap. Its much more difficult to learn photoshop than inkspace or illustrator though.

Very true. Just saying as an artist who works at a label printing company, there is nothing more frustrating than receiving art that was designed in Photoshop, even if it is vector. Why would anyone ever want to work with that many layers? While you can drive a nail with a screwdriver, its not the tool for the job.

Latest posts

Back