Competition prep

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohack

Reaction score
We are going to have a homebrew competition at our local brewpub and I was thinking of entering a couple of my latest brews. Has anyone entered one of these? I keg now (instead of bottling) and was wondering how you present your beer. Also, how do you transport (growler?) and keep your beer properly carbonated if you keg? I have no idea how long the beer sit around before they are judged.

Thanks for any input.

^^ +1000. I bottled my stout with Biermuncher's system several months ago and have PERFECT carb'd beer.

I have a sixer stashed for the nationals, and another local competition.

it would depend on the rules of the competition. most require 2 bottles unmarked of a normal size. people that keg generally bottle a few from any batch they might wanna enter.
i just read the post above nice. i will still bottle 3 once i get my kegs running but thats look nice.

+1 on the BMBG. I have done well at comps using this method. It's nice only bottling when I need to.

Back