a 4 week spring ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BucksPA

Reaction score
timing was way off, but I am having a house warming party in 5 weeks. I won't be able to brew until this weekend but am thinking of recipes that require 1 week in the primary and 3 weeks in the keg, or a 2 and 2 schedule assuming i hit my co2 volume in 2 weeks.

thoughts?

Almost any wheat beer could probably make that time hack pretty easily, Cream of Three Crops isint bad at 4 weeks. Any pale/amber ale that isint in the extremes and that uses a clean yeast would def. be drinkable at 4 weeks. I made Kierans Irish Immagrant Ale and started to drink it young and it was still nice.

wheat beers pretty much peak at 4 weeks or at least taste great then. Just stick to a semi low gravity brew.

+1 Stay below 1.050 and you should be fine. I would just make sure you have an appropriately sized pitch of yeast. Stick to less than 1.045 and you'll be really good. I brew a house blonde ale at 1.039 og that goes from brewday to keg in 3 weeks: 2 weeks in primary, 1 week on gelatin, force carb for 2-3 days and good to go. Here's a pic - it comes out looking really nice.

I HATE wheat beers, so I'm probably biased, but Biermuncher's Cream of Three Crops recipe would easily be ready in 4-5 weeks. Keep the OG low, and you'll be all set with with an easy drinker for all beer drinkers.

hahaha thanks for all the replies. I failed to mention that i brewed this past weekend and made a simple witbier 4.5 lbs pilsner 2-row and 4.5 pounds flaked wheat, 1 lb rice hulls. come on....one batch of homebrew wont supply my friends.

i should have clarified that though, because wheats are the quickest brews out there that I know of. I will take your advice and look for something that is low gravity.

Are you kegging?

I just kegged 2 batches yesterday (no, you can't "borrow" them...:D) of a variation of the 15 Minute Amarillo Ale. You can do a search for the thread.

I actually made 3 batches, just kegged 2 yesterday that's all. Both batches were 22 days from boil to keg and are very tasty and hoppy (even though I did not dry hop them per the recipe). :rockin:

One was made with Willamette, 1 with Cascade, and 1 with Challenger hops. I plan on more batches using other hops before starting to combining the hops (types) additions.

I know the recipe doesn't specify the AA% for the hops but if you keep the AAs about 4-6% you should be good to go. I used 7.1% in the Challenger batch and it is very hoppy (to me).

Are you kegging?

I just kegged 2 batches yesterday (no, you can't "borrow" them...:D) of a variation of the 15 Minute Amarillo Ale. You can do a search for the thread.

I actually made 3 batches, just kegged 2 yesterday that's all. Both batches were 22 days from boil to keg and are very tasty and hoppy (even though I did not dry hop them per the recipe). :rockin:

One was made with Willamette, 1 with Cascade, and 1 with Challenger hops.

I know the recipe doesn't specify the AA% for the hops but if you keep the AAs about 4-6% you should be good to go. I used 7.1% in the Challenger batch and it is very hoppy (to me).

Yes, I am kegging. I can't borrow your brew? darn :mug: i'll have to check out the recipe.

I brewed EdWorts Kolsch in mid-March and half of it is gone already. I actually screwed up and added 30% too much priming sugar so after 1 week in the bottles I stuck them all in my fridge to knock the yeast out to prevent overcarbing. I didn't think it would be that good due to my error but it's fantastic! Seems like a good one that is drinkable pretty fast.

A cream ale (I do extracts: Midwest's Liberty Cream kit is really good) that was really good in 4 weeks, and I didn't force carb, just did 12psi "set and forget". Two in primary, started drinking it in three weeks (green and definitely undercarbed), perfect carb and flavor in four. Son and his college buddies wiped it out by week 5 :)

A cream ale (I do extracts: Midwest's Liberty Cream kit is really good) that was really good in 4 weeks, and I didn't force carb, just did 12psi "set and forget". Two in primary, started drinking it in three weeks (green and definitely undercarbed), perfect carb and flavor in four. Son and his college buddies wiped it out by week 5 :)
I had a friend visit me from MD a couple of years ago. I've known him for 20+ years and knew he liked to drink without getting sloppy, etc.

Any way the 2 of us floated 4 kegs in 5 days...:mug: :drunk:

Back