Beverage line assembly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aunt_Ester

Reaction score
I am having a hell of a time assembling my bev-out line. The picnic tap doesn't want to insert fully and the nipple fitting for the quick disconnect took me 20 minutes too insert. I heated the hosing intermittently with hot water, but it only makes it marginally easier.

What do you guys do? Any tips? This can't be the way that lhbs assemble them -- it's too time consuming

How hot is your water? I usually get some to boil temp and it goes on. Getting it off is impossible, I don't bother with a clamp.

I always boil the hose ends on the stovetop before even attempting to connect them. I'm running 3/16" thick-wall, food safe silicon and never have trouble, even over much-too-large barbed fittings. Like mdgagne, my fittings never come off. Kyle

Hot tap water won't cut it. It gets much softer with boiling water. You should not have an issue then.

If the hot water alone doesn't work, you could try to stick some needle nose pliers or forceps in the tube to stretch it out.

Thanks, guys. It was only hot tap water at 130 degrees. I didn't want to warp the tubing and I didn't know what it was rated at. Boiling water was much easier.

Back