First Beer related purchase upon winning the lottery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xpertskir

Reaction score
I play the powerball when it gets large strictly for the entertainment of thinking about what I would buy, winning would just be a bonus...

So, before any equipment I think I would hire an employee whose sole purpose would be to clean my brewery and equipment for me.

I'd prolly let him(or her) drink on the job.

What would yours be?

Maybe open a homebrew store. And a brewery in back. My whole goal would be to make good beer, and then help others recreate it if they wanted.

Although someone to clean up is a good choice, I'm thinking a guy that can carry 50 lbs. sacks of malt on each shoulder all day would come in handy. With a few hundred million in winnings, I would start to measure in barrels instead of gallons.

My first beer related purchase would be a lot of beer because it would be party time if I won the lottery.

I'd open Sheffield's first BBQ Pit & Brewpub! Not to mention,temp controlled conicals & all that high end HB stuff.

Seeing that the Powerball is over $500,000,000, I think I'd go ahead and purchase a profitable, functioning microbrewery.......and a Sabco Brewmagic system for home :)

Brewpub/BBQ joint. Those two just seem to go together really well.

Then I would hire someone who could run that place so I don't run it into the ground.

Yeah,some folks to keep the pit going & the beer brewing. That way I'm free to supervise,just like I did at Ford. Just in my own lil pond for a change! But BBQ & brew pub is such a natural,I wish I could. We got jack around here in that regard. Zippo. Nada. Zilch.

I'd be contracting with a great architect to design my new house around a state of the are electric brew room.

Next to this would be the walk in fermentation rooms (plural).

Next to that would be my walk in "keezer" room for through the wall taps into the bar.

In the bar will be a pool table, spa and surround sound theater. At least.

I changed my mind. first thing would be to buy a bunch (and I mean a ton) of Chimay, Maredsous, Westmalle, and Rochefort. and whatever my wife wanted to drink too. I'd party like a beer snobby Belgian rock star. then I'd open a LHBS once I sobered up.

Buy a large piece of land in bum-f!@# no-where . build a compound around a nice size brew set up to produce bbls.. Small pot field surrounded by hops of different verities. grain fields .. Hire some help .. A lot of Guns and bullets.. Self sustain environment.

Sit back and wait until Obummer and his cronies finish driving this country into the ground and into economic collapse..

I'd buy a nice exisitng micro brewery in a ski or tropical beach town....maybe both.

Boulevard Brewing Company

My wife would buy that as an investment. I hope. If not, I'd have to invest in my own personal beer wench.

i'd get a real brew kettle with a spigot, sight tube and false bottom and a grain mill.

If I had that kind of money, I would purchase the abandoned Gebhard Brewery property in my hometown of Morris, IL. From there I would have to spend a whole lot of my winnings to secure possible copyrights, etc. and return the site to an operational brewery. Add a restaurant, a museum... Returning a once prosperous and revered old turn of the century brewery to its glory days? It could be pretty cool...

gebhard3.jpg
gebhard2.jpg
gebhard1.jpg

I would travel around the world visiting breweries and having fun. Then open my own if for nothing else than to give me something to do.

I'd travel accross the country with my family and visit breweries along the way. Then I'd probably buy a Brew magic system and brew like crazy. Then I'd like to start a brewpub.

Buy a large stake in a macrobrewery and stonewall all their decisions and make outrageous claims. You'll know if I won when you see Budweiser coming out in only plastic growlers...wait, that would probably increase their sales.

Back