I think it's a stuck Robust Porter????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pscole98

Reaction score
So I brewed a robust porter last weekend using the following, Wyeast 1098 British Ale, 7 lbs Dark Malt Extract, 1/2 lb Crystal Malt 120L, ½ lb Chocolate Malt, 1 1/4 lb Black Patent Malt. Brewing went well, estimated OG was 64, actual was 57. pitched the yeast around 72 degrees, fermentation was up and running withing 24 hours, medium Kraesen (nothing reached the air lock), that lasted for 2-3 days then settled back in. At day 7 SG was 1.024 which is a 10 from the expected 1.014 (using OG of 57). It was sitting at 66 so I warmed it up to 70 and swirled the carboy twice yesterday and once today. It's still sitting at 24. Tomorrow will be 10 days in primary. Should I repitch or wait it out until this weekend?

Thanks Pete

I also have a possibly stuck fermentation on my RIS right now. It's was at 1.032 yesterday after a week. I started obsessing about it and had to remind myself that sometimes fermentation takes a little longer than other times. I still keep feeling like I should check the gravity, but then I realize it's just my 'can't leave it alone' personality talking. I'm leaving it alone for the week and checking progress this weekend. One thing that homebrewing does is it forces me to practice patience if I'm going to make the kind of beer I want to. If I keep futzing with my beer, it is less likely to turn out well. I say walk away and leave it for a week. Then you'll have a better idea if it's really stuck, or just slow finishing.

yeah I pretty frustrated with it this afternoon. Started obessing for sure. So I went for a run...

Yeah I know that's kind of a contridiction. A fitness buff that brews brew... There has to be some kind of balance in life right.... LOL

Back