My Brew Bee Doesn't Understand that I Am Not Brewing Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexLaw

Here's Lookin' Atcha!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Every time I brew at home - every time - a bee visits me at some point during the brew. Every time, well, he missed one beer. That one turned out like ka-ka, so I blame the bee. I couldn't have been me.

Anyhow, my bee buddy is here with me, today, as I sit outside and tend the pit. He won't friggin' leave me alone. I've tried to tell him that I'm not brewing. I've offered him beer, and even a little DME dissolved in water that he and rest of his apiad cohorts could enjoy, but that's just not enough.

I mean, he's not nagging me all that much, but it's just kinda weird. I have a Pacific Ale starter going inside, so I'll be back out here later in the week. Do y'all have any ideas about why else might keep him happy until then?

:mug:

TL

Funny that you mention this, I have a brew-lizard (green anole) that lives in my back shed and when it is sunny out likes to visit me on the deck when I am brewing. He has this nasty battle wound across his face so I call him Scar Face, makes him easy to recognize too. I am not sure how old he is and how old these guys tend to live but I will be sad to see him go.

Sorry no help with you bee though.

Do you think Scar Face likes to snack on bees?

Just kidding. My bee can kick your lizard's behind from here to next week. :D

TL

Oh, I didn't think about that, yeah, he probably does eat bees. But he is an old man so he might not be up for the fight.

Bees don't bother me this time of the year, they're frozen solid right now, but when I brew in the fall the pissed off yellow jackets make the experience lass than enjoyable. I REALLY hate getting stung & it seems like every fall I always find a nest of especially disgruntled hive workers.

Last summer I had a brew-owl.... it was at night and he thought the shadow created by me throwing my strainer full of boil trub was a mouse running across the lawn. Kind of freaky seeing an owl dive bombing the grass in front of you... hopefully he'll be back this year (aren't owl's good luck for brewing?!?!?!)

Maybe the bee has been pestering you because it wants you to brew a Honey Light Lager..

That's my plan for an upcoming batch. An American Light Lager with some honey... I think it'll be pretty dang tasty.

Ladies and gentlebrewers of HBT, allow me to present...

My brewcock.:ban:

DSCF1047.jpg

Back