Oops !!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primo

Reaction score
So I started another business on the side of the good ol lock smithing biz and it took up a lot of my time and bam before I knew it I had a batch of beer sitting in the primary for over a year!
So the question is, are there any other knuckle heads out there that have done this and if so what were the results?
Also to the seasoned veterans out there Your responses on weather or not I should dump it or not would be helpful!
I didn't brew at all in the last year and the bear fridge shows it! I have finally gotten a good balance again and will recommence brewing this week!
Thanks in advance
By the way it is a cream ale!

I would taste it and decide from that, it's really the only way you are going to know for sure.

You may have the best beer you have brewed or you may have the worst, hate to toss it and discover it was the best.

So is your fridge made out of a bear or is there a bear in your fridge? I usually find that bears generally just end up in your beer...except for that one time when I found a small whale in there. Anyway, to answer your question, I would be very apprehensive to bottle and drink a beer that's been in a fermenter longer than 6mo. If it was a cream ale, I suspect it isn't any longer. If it was a big beer, you might be ok with just a few off-flavors. There's only one way to know for sure. Taste it. If it's good, bottle and drink it. If not, toss it and start over.

So is your fridge made out of a bear or is there a bear in your fridge? I usually find that bears generally just end up in your beer...except for that one time when I found a small whale in there. Anyway, to answer your question, I would be very apprehensive to bottle and drink a beer that's been in a fermenter longer than 6mo. If it was a cream ale, I suspect it isn't any longer. If it was a big beer, you might be ok with just a few off-flavors. There's only one way to know for sure. Taste it. If it's good, bottle and drink it. If not, toss it and start over.

Yes it is a bear fridge
bear-fridge-mine-C.png

HAHA jk wow I cant believe I did that !!!

Back