links brew hut

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lincoln

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So every bloke has got to have a shed. mine had been on the property when we moved here. its 10 x 6 witch is smaller than i would like but the way the property is I couldn't really go wider. the biggest dagger is that i can stand up in side as the roof is only about 5' 10" and i am 6' 4".

here is the before: (you can see some of the new wall segments in the foreground)

Well if i'm going to raise the roof a foot i might as well raise it 4' and have a loft to stored all the gack that gos along with the hobby. the plan is simple. build new wall segments. Cut the roof loose, rotate 90d, attache end walls. lift roof and re locate add last two walls. finish.

So i got the walls built and the roof cut loose and it wouldn't budge. no problem probably just painted together. used hilift jack to brake the seal. needles to say the roof was heavier than I planned. with friends i could probably dead lift it but no way would we be able to lift this on ladders.

plan # 2.

build wall segments, cut roof loose, build 4 flag poles with block and tackles to lift the roof in situ , add walls under precariously lifted roof and set roof back down.

looking around at the better hardware stores in town, it seams that no one sells decent block and tackle any more. I would ether have to lift will cheep a## Chinese pulleys or order very expensive sail boat hardware like harken ect.

two flagpoles in place:

PRC pulleys it is. bought the fallowing:

- 8 PRC cheek blocks
- 2 100' 3/8 truck ropes
- 4 long pressure treated 4x4

I wend with pressure treated 4x4 solely so that they can be re purpose to replace some rotten posts of the adjacent fence. the fifting slings will take the form of 2 2x4 with a check block installed on each end. this should give a 2:1 MA.

so far so good,

<< insert pic of roof up in the air>>

here is the roof on the new walls, at this point only one flag pole left to take down.

now to skin the outside.

Back