Single Tier Brew Stand Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curlyfat

Reaction score
This what I did with some "spare" time over Christmas. This thread is not really a how-to, since that is not my forte. I'm simply showing off something I did.

Edit: THIS IS NOT MY GARAGE! I would also love this work-space at my disposal. My friend runs his family ranch, and this is the equipment shop. He helped me with this and my three-tier build. I am very grateful for his help, but fantasize about living in his garage somehow.

It's 60"w X 16"d X 22"h (plus casters).

2 - March pumps
1 - Digitally controlled RIMS system (using Brewer's Equipment tube)
1 - Plate chiller
All Stainless quick-disconnects
All Silicone tubing (who knows, I may hard-plumb it one of these days)

The completed base and top:

beerbuild-2.jpg

Uprights added to bottom:

beerbuild-12.jpg

Finished Frame With Burners added:

beerbuild-70.jpg

All "Peripherals" added, Wet run in action:

beerbuild-82.jpg

:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Some random pics from the day:

Neat shot of me welding:

beerbuild-27.jpg

Our helper for the day:

beerbuild-15.jpg

A picture of me that is still making me laugh every time I see it:

beerbuild-57.jpg

Sweet.

No offense but that last pic reminded me of Dr Giggles.

I thought for a second he was trying to bend that piece of metal with his mind... I REALLY want to know what happened 5 seconds after that picture was taken. Don't ruin my imaginative scenario, but I'm assuming he got all Matrix-like on us, bent the metal with his mind, and then flew away on a unicorn with kegs on his back and a sword in his hand.

By the way that look on your cat's face looks like it has learned how to weld by observing you. You might want to GTFO out soon because it's only a matter of time before it builds a giant robot cat.

Awesome creation, did it take you just one day to complete? What's going to be your first homebrew on that thing?

Yes great job on your stand. Would definitely like to have it as well as your garage. Looks like you have plenty of work space.

Yes great job on your stand. Would definitely like to have it as well as your garage. Looks like you have plenty of work space.

I wish that was my garage! My buddy runs a family ranch and that's their shop. My garage pales in comparison!

I thought for a second he was trying to bend that piece of metal with his mind... I REALLY want to know what happened 5 seconds after that picture was taken. Don't ruin my imaginative scenario, but I'm assuming he got all Matrix-like on us, bent the metal with his mind, and then flew away on a unicorn with kegs on his back and a sword in his hand.

By the way that look on your cat's face looks like it has learned how to weld by observing you. You might want to GTFO out soon because it's only a matter of time before it builds a giant robot cat.

Awesome creation, did it take you just one day to complete? What's going to be your first homebrew on that thing?

I have no idea what was going through my head at that moment. My friend is a photographer and likes to take pictures constantly while you're not paying attention. We laughed for a while when we saw that one!

I'm either doing a trippel or a wheat wine/berliner weiss parti-gyle next weekend.

Sweet.

No offense but that last pic reminded me of Dr Giggles.

Reminded me of Karl Childers from Sling Blade. Mmhmm.

Alright, then.

Anyway, very awesome build. I'm inspired to make one now! Time to start bugging my friends who actually have welding skills and equipment. I may have to make one with hinges that will allow the whole thing to fold up so I can still fit 2 cars in the garage.

I may have to make one with hinges that will allow the whole thing to fold up so I can still fit 2 cars in the garage.

Now, that's an ingenious suggestion! I might steal that for my next build (I seem to do this once a year...)

Good job, it's better than the overkill Brutus 10, which could hold a car or truck. Did you do that within a day or weekend? Mine took months. I don't have a cool work area like yours.

Cheers brother brewer

Now, that's an ingenious suggestion! I might steal that for my next build (I seem to do this once a year...)

I call myself a gearhead because there are always wheels turning up there.

Anyway, no need to call it stealing... these forums are for free open exchange of information, right? :mug:
If I had a patent and then you copied it and sold it, then it's stealing. How about you mail me your scraps of the last one you had and we'll call it even:cool:

That looks nice; I'm still brewing on a cobbled together wooden structure.

Where are you in Wyoming? I'm in Lander.

And if your skin gets thick enough to start the caption contest count me in, I'm always up for abusing strangers. :)

That looks nice; I'm still brewing on a cobbled together wooden structure.

Where are you in Wyoming? I'm in Lander.

And if your skin gets thick enough to start the caption contest count me in, I'm always up for abusing strangers. :)

I'm in Casper. My old three-tier is free to a good home (I pilfered the burners for my current setup). PM me if you're interested in grabbing it.

Here's the link to the caption contest:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/caption-picture-contest-214773/

Good job, it's better than the overkill Brutus 10, which could hold a car or truck. Did you do that within a day or weekend? Mine took months. I don't have a cool work area like yours.

Cheers brother brewer

It took about 9 man-hours, spread over 2 days. See my edit on the OP about the work space.

Back