I couldnt believe my ears!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Wife is involved quite a bit in our brewing, she always helps or just takes over with the clean up, she also helps figure out what is needed or quantities need to be changed in a recipe, we taste a brew and discuss what to do on the next batch.

She also purchased a new brew bot for me, she even wanted to try it out first, I thought how cool is that, until she started calling me stew.
Cheers :mug:

IMG_1402.jpg

Brewing is what hubby and I do together every other Saturday. He likes to say that I'm the whole brains behind the operation. We'd been passing around the idea of homebrewing for a couple of months and then, after I finished How to Brew and The Joy of Homebrewing, I told him, "Let's do it."

When we give away our homebrew people always assume it's him but he always comes back with, "Nah, my wife brews the beer, I just like to help out."

Anelda said:
Brewing is what hubby and I do together every other Saturday. He likes to say that I'm the whole brains behind the operation. We'd been passing around the idea of homebrewing for a couple of months and then, after I finished How to Brew and The Joy of Homebrewing, I told him, "Let's do it."

When we give away our homebrew people always assume it's him but he always comes back with, "Nah, my wife brews the beer, I just like to help out."

That's awesome! Yeah for us female brewers :)
Nothing against the boys, just like to see us women who enjoy it too

It's now 14.5 hours since he posted this. I wonder how the brewday is going.

she loves the smell of hops and has considered using some in a bath! i have read that hops was stuffed into pillow cases in ancient times to assist with sleeping. also she enjoys the smell of the mash.

she helps whenever i ask her to do gofer chores but usually as with most of my hobbies her support is allowing me the time & money for the hobby without recompense.

she neither drinks beer, wine or mead so all my feedback is from those whom i share a brew with.

GD:mug:

I've been brewing 19 years and my wife never showed an interest. She does support my obsession and loves hanging out with the people in my club but thankfully she stays out of the brewing process,

I'm really lucky. My fiancee loves beer, especially hoppy American ales. We go to beer bars together and geek out with Untappd, and she nearly always orders an IPA or double IPA. Every month or two, she stops at the liquor store on her way home from work and surprises me with a couple bottles of Pliny. She doesn't get involved with the actual brewing process (which is fine because I enjoy having my hobby all for myself), but she always helps me judge and drink the final product.

The only thing we've made together is soda. We filled 5 cornies last weekend to taste test various kinds. I'm brewing all the beer for the wedding, but we wanted to have some homemade alternatives for the inevitable teetotalers and kids (although I always thought that's what Radler was for...).

My wife is very supportive, drinks my beer, designs the labels for the taps, and tells her friends about my brewing, but she respects me enough to stay out of the brewery.

Haha just checked this! Everything went amazing. She was great understanding everything. She was super into it and asked questions and didn't get in the way. I let her pitch the yeast and she did it the way I would have! She wants to pick the next beer, and she picked up beer smith like a champ!! All in all it went very well and she's super exited to try it!

My wife occasionally comes out to talk while I'm brewing. Mostly she tells me either how bad the process smells or what a mess I'm making in the garage. She will also ask questions that can be fun to answer. The important thing is she loves my beer and because of that is all for my hobby.

That is my wife almost to a tee except that sometimes she likes the smell. Particularly if I have just tossed in a bag of spices.

The wife was the driving force behind our start. I proposed it as a new hobby but I already have too many. She gets bummed if i do a brew day without her. With all the hobbies that are just for me, it is nice to have a joint one. Although she doesn't read up on it or design recipes, she does request certain styles. If only I could get her to mow the lawn. Then of course she would say the same about me and laundry.

Back