$10 pin lock ... a good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HHP

Reaction score
I found two corney's on cl for $10 a piece, they seem to be in good shape from the pics, although the guy said they sat in his back yard for a couple of years. One is ball lock (like my whole setup) and one is pin lock. Should I get the pin lock for $10, or just take the ball? I figure I can convert it, or do w/e with it ... but $10 seems like a price that I really cant go wrong with. Also the pin lock has no pressure relief valve in the lid.

A keg for 10 bucks? And you're actually considering NOT getting it? Dude!

For that price you can easily afford to either convert it to ball lock, or buy some pin-lock QDs. (compared to the usual price for a refurb ball-lock)

If you have all your QDs threaded (I'd HIGHLY recommend this.), and get a set of pin-locks on hand, it will really open up your options as far as snagging good deals on kegs when they come up. Plus you won't have to spend extra in the future to convert kegs if you ever happen across more cheap pin-locks.

Yeah, I just wanted to confirm.

I already have 11, and this will put me up to 13. I am one set of QD's short of having my four tap kegerator fully functional, so I guess I'll go with the threaded QD's.

Thats what I figured, $10 a piece was just a freakin steal.

Thats what I figured, $10 a piece was just a freakin steal.

Yeah, it is. Even if it collects dust in the garage for a year before you actually get the fittings to use it, that's still just too good of a deal to pass up.

Hell, look at it this way... If nothing else I bet you could post it on craigslist and get 20 for it.

Back