Free black and tan brolly spoon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool, thanks for the heads-up!

What's even better is that by the time they send them out, I'll have forgotten all about this - so it'll be like getting a Christmas present out of the blue!

Yes, thanks!

the_bird is right- it's awesome to get free stuff months later. Recently I've received Draft magazine (remember that free sign up ages ago?), a hat from Canoe & Kayak, a backpack from TripAdvisor, and T-shirts from various places. I signed up for all that stuff like last fall and then forgot. Getting older and having memory lapses means it's like Christmas all the time!

Well, darn! I actually read the site and it's not available to me. Only available in 16 states. Oh, well!

What the heck, I'll sign up, I already have a Guinness bar towel, and I had a set of Maker's Mark golf balls, which I lost on the course.

Signed up Also, Then saw I'm not eligible! Freakin OHIO. For everyone else, Here's the list of Eligible States.
AL, AR, CT, HI, MA, ME, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NY, RI, SD, UT, VA, WV and CA can get one for $1 shipping and Handeling.

Thanks for posting the list. Apparently Fl isnt on that list but one of the local radio stations did a commercial pumping this thing. It wasnt a recorded one either, it was one of the local DJs. Where did you see the list?

Well I found the page. So I left them a nastygram
On my way into work this morning I heard a local radio advertisement about the Brolly offer. I should add it was one of the local DJs doing the add and not a recording. I was terribly dissappointed to find out Fl is ineligible for the offer. Why would Bass ale personalize and direct an offer to an area that doesnt qualify to recieve it. This is a terribly shoddy tactic and dare I say false advertising. If this is the way you run your ship I doubt I will ever order a Bass again.

See if that gets me anywhere

IrregularPulse said:
Signed up Also, Then saw I'm not eligible! Freakin OHIO. For everyone else, Here's the list of Eligible States.
AL, AR, CT, HI, MA, ME, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NY, RI, SD, UT, VA, WV and CA can get one for $1 shipping and Handeling.

Frak! What is the problem with shipping to Michigan? I already signed up. I guess I'll just wait and see if they ignore the rules I guess.

I don't understand why they didn't just put a drop-down box for state on the page and exclude the states that are ineligble?

Would save them a lot of hassle getting tons of requests that are for ineligible states!

RoaringBrewer said:
I don't understand why they didn't just put a drop-down box for state on the page and exclude the states that are ineligble?

Would save them a lot of hassle getting tons of requests that are for ineligible states!
Because they'd rather get your info and be able to use that, and not have to send you anything in return;)

I went back and finally found the page with the allowed states. I think they should have listed the states on the order page. That would prevent issues arising from people linking order page, and bypassing the previous page.

Here is the Info...

Terms and Conditions said:
4. Anheuser-Busch is the copyright owner of this site and no portion of this site, including but not limited to the text, images, audio or video, may be used in any manner, or for any purpose, without Anheuser-Busch's express written permission, except as provided for herein. Without in any way waiving any of the foregoing rights, you may download one copy of the material on this site for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you do not delete or change any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices. Modification or use of the material on this site for any other purposes violates Anheuser-Busch's legal rights.

Does A-B own Bass?? I didn't know that if tha'ts what this implies. Crazy

From Wikipedia:

"Bass is the name of a former brewery and the brand name for several English beers originally brewed in Burton upon Trent at Bass Brewery and still brewed in Burton on behalf of InBev by Marstons."

And, according to the Bass website, "...Import Brands Alliance, Bass, St. Louis MO"

I believe this means it is imported for sale by A-B.

Was going to sign up till I saw the 'NO PURCHASE NECESSARY (Except CA residents. Click here for details). ' -- Dont have the time or willingness to fill out a 3X5 card and send the dollar... :eek:

I signed up and then read the rest of the thread. No Brolly for me. Oh well, now A-B has my information and they can come in at night and sabotage my homebrewery.

Homercidal said:
From Wikipedia:

"Bass is the name of a former brewery and the brand name for several English beers originally brewed in Burton upon Trent at Bass Brewery and still brewed in Burton on behalf of InBev by Marstons."

And, according to the Bass website, "...Import Brands Alliance, Bass, St. Louis MO"

I believe this means it is imported for sale by A-B.
I believe what that means is that Bass is owned and brewed by InBev (The Belgium brewing conglomerate) and imported to the US by AB. So if you buy Bass in the US you are buying beer from AB and supporting two of the worlds largest brewers.

The relationships between most of the well known brands seems to be quite complicated and intertwined.

Craig

I signed up .... so did my business and my staff ,my son, my wife ..... see if I even get one...lol bet I get lots of junk mail from it oh well lights the stove real well.

Well, Oklahoma wasn't on the list. But I did fill out the request and guess what?

My Brolly came today. It WAS just like christmas.

Inside the package was a note:

"On behalf of Anheuser-Bush Inc., we thank you for participating in the Bass Brolly offer"

Great! I just got my gate pass to Macro hell.

Washington wasn't on the list either - but I signed up anyway. Haven't received it, but I got a CD from them 6 odd months back, so maybe... hopefully. Free beer stuff rocks.

I got my black and tan spoon today!

I opened the mail and was like "wtf is this manilla padded envelop about?"

i forgot I even sent for it. I have no Bass or anything like it. I have a brown ale and a blonde ale...and cans of Guinness.

hmmm....

GilaMinumBeer said:
"On behalf of Anheuser-Bush Inc., we thank you for participating in the Bass Brolly offer"

Great! I just got my gate pass to Macro hell.

SUKHA!!!!!:D

That's EXACTLY why I decided to pass on the offer....I don't want AB to know I exist, and flood my mailbox with stuff peddling their tasteless products....My daddy always said "life is like a box of..." er I mean, he used to say "You can't get something for nothing, and if it seems to good to be true, it probably is."

It's not that I'm not all about beer swag, if it came from Dogfishead, or Avery or Rogue, I'd be on it like flies on garbage...If they want to send me "junk mail" after capturing my address (that's what this is all about kiddies, capturing your address for future marketing purposes, it ain't altruism.) I respect them enough to not mind....but I do not want a bunch of adverts for Budlight, and all of A/B's other companies....

But that's just me. :D

They sent at least one to Washington because it arrived in my mailbox today. Woo hoo!!

Well I'll be...... I actually got one in the mail today. Wasnt expecting that at all.
.... So anyone get a chance to use it? thoughts?

Of course you could just make one of your own like this or pay $5 for it.

bt01.jpg

I signed up before I realized my state wasn't on the list. I got a padded envelope in the mail today anyway. Macro hell nothing! My last name is Bass. The thing just has my name stamped into it.

Back