What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This

image-745413516.jpg

MrNickVT said:
It's never to early. Especially when it's your day off. This is my first sour and its very interesting. Russian River Consecration

I love consecration! My area finally got some again after a 6month wait..
I stocked up 2 weeks ago..
Igotsand

I wasn't impressed. Way too sweet.

I could see how it could taste sweet if you drink it too warm. One that was WAAY too sweet for me was the Schmaltz Human Blockhead imperial American Bock. Let that sucker get too warm and its cough syrup city right there. I am mashing the Kaiser clone right now, so hopefully I can keep it dry enough.

Wow, you guys are going big so far. Consecration, Sucaba, and aged Bigfoot.

I'm having my 'proof you should never enter local comps' saison. It got a 15, a 13 is the lowest you can get. Brilliant criticism includes: "This may work as a funky belgian, but it doesn't work as good beer" from the novice judge and 'not a beer' from the recognized judge, . It was an 'iron brewer' category with an ingredient set - 10lbs 2 row, 1 lb c15, 1/2 carahells, 2 oz amarillo you could add to. I added 2 lbs of rye and a 1/2 oz amarillo, fermented with multiple brett and saison strains.

I'm having my 'proof you should never enter local comps' saison. It got a 15, a 13 is the lowest you can get. Brilliant criticism includes: "This may work as a funky belgian, but it doesn't work as good beer" from the novice judge and 'not a beer' from the recognized judge, . It was an 'iron brewer' category with an ingredient set - 10lbs 2 row, 1 lb c15, 1/2 carahells, 2 oz amarillo you could add to. I added 2 lbs of rye and a 1/2 oz amarillo, fermented with multiple brett and saison strains.

They can say whatever they want. I'd drink it. That sounds delicious.

Drinking a Hefeweizen

Drinking a Hefeweizen

I agree. Maybe others didn't like it, but you still have beer to drink. Better luck next time. You made beer, I don't understand the "not a beer" comment.

Drinking a Hefeweizen

I agree. Maybe others didn't like it, but you still have beer to drink. Better luck next time. You made beer, I don't understand the "not a beer" comment.

I loved the scores. I've always said small comps are a waste of time and it's nice being proven right. It's not the best beer I've ever made, but as a 16E beer, I really can't see it as scoring less than 35. Just funny to see what to people who've never had a bottle of Orval, much less anything from Anchorage or Crooked Stave, come up with when they don't know what they are drinking.

FSB now.

image-1145928778.jpg

MrNickVT said:
It's never to early. Especially when it's your day off. This is my first sour and its very interesting. Russian River Consecration

Gonna have some supplication on Friday. Hope it lives up to the hype !

Birra de borgo's "maladetta" saison IPA. Very nice beer. Went to an Italian joint and they have a pretty wide selection of styles made in Italy. Also an "IPA" (Italian pale ale) and an imperial stout which I am curious to try on my next visit.

Would definitely drink this again.

image-633375975.jpg

My 'no really, some yeasts only take a week to bottle condition' 'Belgian' porter. Local 6 row Viennaish base malt, chocolate malt, d-120 syrup, and t-58. Brewing another batch with sorghum syrup in place of d-120 to compare. Looks like it's been more like 5 days bottled.

Schells Maifest, not bad first Schells Ive had. Big malty palate and not bad underlying hops. Only thing is a little metallic in the aroma. I picked these up off the U Pick Em $1 rack at the bottle shop so for a buck I can see going to scoop the rest of these.

ForumRunner_20130424_182020.jpg

Ostomo517 said:
Be jealous.......
Um where do I start??? If you made bourbon and I mean really good bourbon and loaded it with hops it would be kinda close to Doom. I gotta say this is one of the best beers I have ever had hands down. Forget Pliny and all its hype, this is where its at. Best IPA there is.

I found another bottle of this today. I'm pretty excited to try it.

LoloMT7 said:
Thanks mcbaumannerb!! Wow I'm so far behind I'll never catch up on this thread.

Water for now

Glad it got there safe and sound. Store the Citra swarm in a warm spot - still needs more carbing.

Oh, and have you tried any of those commercial brews yet?

Alaskan Tropplebock, an Imperial Dopplebock which comes in at over ten percent, one aged on oak, had it first a few weeks ago on tap at Hops and Pie. Delicious elixer.. .

2013-04-24 17.30.21.jpg

Back