CO2 Issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claphamsa

Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so. My tank gave out... not a big deal it happens. but its only been 6 months...I sent my uncle to get it refilled, and they say its mostly full... (like an idiot i didnt test it independently).... but I did check everything while it was in the keezer and there was no pressure being added... can gas lines get clogged? what could be the issue? :(

and I know it was turned on! (that was the first thing I checked :D)

Experienced plenty of leaks, never heard of clogging in a gas line.
The pressure would have to be extremely low, and have been backed up with beer that dried out at some point.

So you're saying you beer is flat? or not dispensing? Did you pull the Pressure Relief Valve rings and nothing came out? How do you know nothing was flowing?

(we gotta have a starting place before we can diagnose...)

Since you say you checked everything, my only guess is that the regulator crapped out and it's innards are blocking the output...??

well i checked the tank when i got home, has tons of stuff left in it :(

plugged it into keggerator, opened all the valves... nothing.

I figured it out :)

I took the whole thing apart to clean (hence I thought I had spring a leak)

I did it again, and it works fine.....

I did learn something, (other than to actually check the tank to see if its empty!)

6 months I used about 2 lbs gas, so my tank should last me about 6 years!!!!

Regulators can stick. I gently tap mine when needed. GENTLY.

Doing force carbs, pushing beer and carbing soda for my sons, I get about 3.5 months out of a 5lb CO2 bottle.

Back