Kindle Fire Not Charging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
The wife's brand new Christmas present, a Kindle Fire, is not charging even when powered down and plugged in for hours.

Any ideas?

Plugged into the wall or a USB port? Some USB ports are high power, some are low (e.g., the port on your keyboard won't produce enough power to charge a device). Make sure you use a wall charger, or a main USB port on the computer, or a powered USB hub.

Had same problem with mine. Had to use only the wall cord that came with it. Nothing else would work.

My Ipad is the same way. If its plugged into the PC it says "Not Charging" although it will charge VERY slowly. If its plugged into the wall it works fine.

Yeah, chargers are touchy. The one I got with my phone (GS3) will only charge if it is plugged in just the right way. Plugged my old kindle keyboard charger into it and presto. stupid cheap ass charger is now the plug for my stirplate.

I have had a couple friends send their FireHDs back for replacement due to qc issues just after getting. I may wait a touch before i upgrade from my kindle keyboard.

Back