Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deadlift Brewing Co

I'm a bit of a meathead, and I love to deadlift. I also love beer. So that's pretty much it.

Still working on a possible name/logo but so far the votes are in from my friends: Basement Brews; Basement Brewery; Basement Brewing; or Basement Brew Haus

The story is basically because I have a basement that I have get togethers in and that is also where my fermentation chamber and equipment is.

The other idea for my name/logo is "A Dub Brewery". It is just my initials, A.W.

What do y'all think?

My buddy and I named our brewery Jar'd Rabbit Brewing.

At first it seems like a silly name, but we named it after my nephew who passed away at birth. His name was Mason Ryan Haire, so we immortalized him through the one thing that brings us all together. Beer.

Mason - jar
Ryan - king
Haire - Rabbit

image-1121602578.jpg

It was a great way for our family to take a really ****ty thing in life and turn it into something that brings us all together.

ChadRabbit said:
My buddy and I named our brewery Jar'd Rabbit Brewing.

At first it seems like a silly name, but we named it after my nephew who passed away at birth. His name was Mason Ryan Haire, so we immortalized him through the one thing that brings us all together. Beer.

Mason - jar
Ryan - king
Haire - Rabbit

It was a great way for our family to take a really ****ty thing in life and turn it into something that brings us all together.

Sorry about your family's loss. That is a great way to keep his memory alive within your family.

Keep brewing!

My brewery actually got it's name from other people. We heat with wood so I keep plenty of firewood stacked up to dry out. Like 20 cords worth because I like burning dry wood.

Whenever someone asks us where we live we describe the location in normal terms like North of.....on xyz street etc. Inevitably, everyone responds with, Oh the firewood house. So in the famous words of Paul Harvey....now you know the rest of the story.

Ive been holding on to this one for awhile, I was thinking about using it for a design/build firm, I do historic preservation and restoration but while shopping it around people gave me the quizzical look of utter confusion. So it is slowly creeping towards my brewery.....

Spatial Recognition ltd

I'll probably not go crazy with brew names but I might play off of some of Euclid theories-

Spatial Recognition 47th Problem Stout
Spatial Recognition Elements of Ale
Spatial Recognition Optics Lager
Spatial Recognition BeDamned Mead

Might throw in some Albert Pike stuff for fun

Spatial Recognition APA with a picture of Albert Pike
Spatial Recognition XXIII Saison

Let Loose your Senses!

My brother and I always brew together and decided to come up with a name too. He's a firefighter and I'm very proud of him for risking his life for others, as I did not expect this from him while we were growing up.

Engine 19 Brewing Company

He let me throw my favorite number in there!

Barnstown Brewery...... the small suburb that I live in was once an area run by 4 families and their farms, with 1 Barns located on each 4 corners that marked the square piece of land....This area was known as Barnstown

Shagnasty brewing. My dad used to call me Darren bolivar bushwinkle shagnasty brown. So of course the signature beer is already shagnasty brown. Brewery is in the works

Fathom Brewing Company, inspired by my love of naval warfare and the influence of the sea on Scottish culture, my heritage there and their inspiration in my whisky making.

I came up with BROKE BREWING COMPANY because I keep spending more and more on my set up....

Quick Logo I came up with...still tweaking it.

What do you all think?

logo.jpg

I am excited to introduce my brewery name ----- Resurgens Brewing.

I live in Atlanta and the city's motto is Resurgens, meaning to rise again. This dates back to the city's rebirth and rebuilding after General Sherman burned Atlanta in late 1864 on his march to the sea.

Now that I have a name I was able to finally create a Facebook page. It is linked in my signature below and I would love to have as many likes as possible. I plan to occasionally update the page with beers I am brewing and modifications to my brewing setup.

Funky Onion brewing = I live outside of the onion capital of the united states which is Pine Island NY ..... chances are if you eat onions they came from about 2 miles down the road from me. I called my brewery Funky Onion as I have a affinity for sour beers and have brewed a few and am in the process of fermenting many more... these bastardos take years to be done... hence the Funky Onion was born.

jawilson20 said:
I am excited to introduce my brewery name ----- Resurgens Brewing.

I live in Atlanta and the city's motto is Resurgens, meaning to rise again. This dates back to the city's rebirth and rebuilding after General Sherman burned Atlanta in late 1864 on his march to the sea.

Now that I have a name I was able to finally create a Facebook page. It is linked in my signature below and I would love to have as many likes as possible. I plan to occasionally update the page with beers I am brewing and modifications to my brewing setup.

So that's where the orthopedics place got their name from.....the more you know

Been thinking about adding a name to the brewing operation me and the SWMBO, so far I've come up with two;

Big Oak Brewing Company -- Named after the giant oak tree in our front yard

Dutch Irish Brewery -- I'm of Irish descent, and she's of Dutch.

Burnham Brewing

I'm a Chicago native and architect. Daniel Burnham planned out the city following the Great Fire. The background image is his map and the insets for each beer are different historical buildings/places.

Plain Label_Small.jpg

Burnham Brewing

I'm a Chicago native and architect. Daniel Burnham planned out the city following the Great Fire. The background image is his map and the insets for each beer are different historical buildings/places.

That's pretty cool tmags! I'm not a Chicago native, but Chicago is by far my favorite city to visit!

Faderade Brewing Company

This one was easy - my last name is Fader so I've always figured the natural thing to do would be to rip off Gatorade.

With a last name like Baumann-Erb it's tough to work that into a name. So I chose to combine it Excellent Refreshment to use the acronym BEEr - and that theme works great for working into my beer names as well! :mug:

BEEr Logo.jpg

Mine is from two hobbies I started about the same time. Brewing beer and building Kalashnikov variants. Decided I should just combine them for the "brewery" name. One day I will come up with an image and labels and beer names. I usually just name my beers XYZ# (beer style and a recipie number for that style) If they are good enough for a name I have a process in place for that using the many many Kalashnikov variants/varieties.

Ok, I had to go on a browser to see your brewery name because the app doesn't show sigs. . . How do your pronounce that?

KPSquared said:
Ok, I had to go on a browser to see your brewery name because the app doesn't show sigs. . . How do your pronounce that?

Automat Kalashnikov, basically it's what the AK means in the rifle designation.

elreplica said:
Bathtub Crank Brewing lol! Why not Breaking Bad Brewing? This is from Don at Doh Hel Brewing in Nova Scotia on the beautiful south shore.

And the Doh Hel part comes from the local dialect, similar to parts of New England where one might exclaim "what do hel" when surprised, puzzled, angry or confused. All of which can happen whilst brewing :)

Smiff brewing actually came from the mispronouncing of my last name (Smith) by the kids that lived in the projects next to my house growing up. Hey yo Smiff, throw me da rock son! It just kinda stuck with me.

Back