Black Friday Keezer deals needed!! Anybody?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duffman2

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I'm gonna take the plunge one way or another tomorrow to get into Kegging! Just looking for the best deal I can find. I live in Texas, so freezers are at a premium this time of year (deer, hog hunting) and I haven't found the best deals on Craigs List.

So far I've got a 7.0 Haier for $180. Can anybody do any better than this (nationally)? I'm looking for a chest freezer to convert to a keezer and size wise I'll be fine with 7 - 10 cuft.

Thanks everyone! :ban:

Oh, and Happy Turkey Day to all!!!

Check out garage sales, thrift stores, and (I know you already mentioned this) Craigslist! A little patience and I'm sure you can get a great deal. On Craigslist, I found a freezer for 35 that has been awesome. Since then, I've seen several more at thrift stores and on Craigslist for almost as cheap. Especially during the holiday season you'll see people getting rid of their old ones.

I would recommend getting a Magic Chef brand. They seem fit so much more for the money and footprint, from what everyone has reported. The 7.2 cf model practically calls out to become a keezer.

I've been looking over Craigslist for quite a while. I refuse to pay more than $75 for a freezer, as I've seen them going for $50 pretty frequently (just can't snatch them up quickly enough).

If you're still looking for other kegging equipment, www.kegconnection.com has a Black Friday sale going on this weekend.

Back