whats the biggest beer you ever made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkov

Reaction score
whats the highest alcohol percentage you ever got to?

im thinking of brewing a "nightcap" ale, something is that is the highest alcohol% you can go, and you only really drink a 12oz maybe one night a month. and maybe one on the holidays. not sure if i want to make it a barleywine or if i want to make it a dark beer like a imperial stout or porter

Highest ABV i ever got from my beers was 6.8%

Not that high but after 3 or 4 i could feel the difference between that and my usual beers which usually average around 4.8

Was a red ale, brewed it last winter and i used to call it my "snow blower beer" :tank:

Might brew something along those lines for the upcoming Holidays. ::drunk:

Just finished a big IIPA that went from 1.094 to 1.022 for an ABV of 9.45%

It's dry hopped right now :D

Little worried about bottle carbonating it though :eek:

18% barleywine. It had 28 lbs of barley and 3.5 lbs of dme and organic cane sugar added during fermentation.

Belgian Strong Dark Ale around 9.0% that I have made a year ago. I still have a case in 22 oz bottles. I pop one out for special occasions.

I'm almost ready for a RIS that I have planned soon.

14% IIPA I just bottled a couple of weeks ago, 130 IBUs according to beersmith and 6oz of homegrown chinook dry hop.

9% RIS. Will be attempting an all grain 20+% Stout in the near future. We'll see what happens.

9%+ Spiced Cherry Belgian Dubbel. Dangerous stuff I tell ya!!
I'm brewing a batch tomorrow and then more on Monday!

999 barleywine... 1.165+ I waaaaaay overshot my OG. Finished at around 1.024 or so. The calculator put that in the 18%+ ABV. Stalled ferment at 1.035 and re-pitched with a big starter of WLP099 got it going again. I've had 24 oz of this tonight and the world is very interesting now. :drunk:

Terje

12% barley wine

The problem with really big IIPAs, the nose doesn't last any longer than for a stock IPA. I've got 7 champagne bottles of an IIPA Brut (11%), which are now the biggest bitters ever. Zero hops after 16 months.

A barleywine with a theoretical OG of about 1.208. I only managed to get it down to 1.060 though, so it's about 20%. It's sitting on some oak cubes now but still tastes like boozy caramel. I don't think I could put down more than 4oz of it. Anyone know where to get bottles that size?
The City Brewer: The Monster

My LHBS sells 187mL (~6 oz) champagne bottles that take a crown cap. I bottled some of my 1.101 English barleywine in some.

Back