Bar finally under construction!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbarr110

Reaction score
So after several years of my wife runninf a pre-school/daycare in our home, we closed in August 08. I now get to reclaim the downstairs portion of the house. I have been planning the bar for the last 2+ years, and finally construction has started....

Here is a earlier revision of the bar I did in sketchup, the cabinet doors are not in this version of the sketchup plans.

sketchup-model.jpg

This is the corner of the house it is going too, still needs new paint and new flooring.

DSCF0576.jpg

Here are a few of the progress pics from over a week ago.

DSCF0578.jpg

DSCF0579.jpg

DSCF0583.jpg

More pics to come, I did alot of work this past weekend and its taking shape.

Nice :) I'm glad to see you making some progress on this! I think I remember you posting your sketch ups before (and needed help with using the program to work to your liking). Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

Ok here is a small update. Did a bit more framing and interior trim of the bar. The bar is birch, some A1 Birch Plywood, the rest slid birch that has been planed and ripped to size.

DSCF0580-1.jpg

DSCF0578-1.jpg

And here is my keezer after I added a collar and some ducting to go through the wall.

DSCF0581-1.jpg

DSCF0582.jpg

DSCF0583-1.jpg

DSCF0584.jpg

Here are the taps all hooked up and serving beer. The taps have not yet been anchored to the wall in the photos.

The tile is there just for temporary purposes while we host a Super Bowl party.

DSCF0585.jpg

DSCF0586.jpg

cuz i would say a rough stainless aged/weathered s.s. top would look great....or if ur intersted in being a little out ther....concrete

Ok after being lazy, drinking more beer than brewing, and saving up a little extra cash....

Here is a long overdue update.

Upper bar top put on, hardiebacker installed, and rough layout of tiles.

DSCF0580-2.jpg

And Here are some shots with the tile on. Trim is on but not stained. Taps are lifted way up out of the way.

Am planning on topping the tiles with the clear bar top epoxy, Envirotex Lite.

DSCF0606.jpg

DSCF0604.jpg

DSCF0601.jpg

dude..I just built a small "bar" and topped it with envirotex lite. A piece of advice. USE THE 2 CUP METHOD. I thought I measured exact proportions of both resin and hardener...I even used a measuring cup. Turns out I used WAYYY too much hardener.. The top looks great and is hard to the touch..but its very tacky feeling..so I am going to need to recoat it at some point. And make sure you have a propane or mapp torch or something to get the bubbles out with..it really works.

Havent done alot of work on the bar recently, but also havent put any new pics up for a while so here is an update. The epoxy went on real easy, no issues.

Still need to do the outer trim work and cabinet doors.

DSCF0649.jpg

DSCF0646.jpg

Beautiful! I like the glazed tile, and im sure the outlets will come in handy for some blenders or crockpots

Very SWEET! One suggestion, kind sir, in post 11 the lamp looks like a pole. Please add one and tell us the stories to come!!!!

Vey nice bar.... wish I could do something like that. I am hoping to build my Keezer either this winter or early next spring.

sweet set up, could you post a pic of your draft setup behind the wall. keep up the great work. can't wait to see the final product

sweet set up, could you post a pic of your draft setup behind the wall. keep up the great work. can't wait to see the final product

I believe in the first page or so is the keezer pics show it is opposite side of the wall. Or did you have something else you were wondering about?

He has a glycol system?

Don't know... but it's pretty easy to fab one up. Container with a lid and a submersable pump. Fill the container with antifreeze and pump it through the lines. The antifreeze container in the freezer will be the same temp as the beer in the kegs... and with it recurculating the beer in the lines will stay at serving temps.

I see room in the Keezer for a 5 gallon bucket from Home Depot... add a lid for less than $5
9ae472bd-7aae-4dfd-ac2f-97c6448663e2_300.jpg

EcoPlus Submersible Pump - 264 gph $21 from Amazon.com
31LasaQPcrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Antifreeze from an autoparts place is rather cheap...

so for less than $40... yes... he could have a DIY Glycol system for his beer lines.

Latest posts

Back