Lager vs Old Idophor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickeldeposit

Reaction score
Ok so here are the facts. I brewed a light domestic beer and have it in two one gallon jugs as the photo shows. Yesterday I turned the temp from 53 down to 35 to hold for a week and then I was going to bottle. The small ½ gallon jug in the back was ¼ full maybe of tap water and Idophor sanitizer that was two weeks old (had turned clear). So this morning I noticed that the two 1 gallons had sucked up the old sanitizer solution into them. What is the diagnosis I’m looking at? Has anyone had so much old Idophor sanitizer from straight tap water pulled into a batch of beer? Also the color of the beer right now has nothing to do with the Idophor, it's a ML clone. Looking for any good feedback.:confused:

Thanks

I think you also forgot a D-rest. Iodine can be noticeable in large amounts. Only way to know is to taste it.

I guess I'll just bottle it and see what happens. This was my first all-grain batch. Also was first lager attempt. I went two gallons for the lager and three with an ale yeast.

Back