January BYO Needed.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRock

Always Ready
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
They did not print enough for demand. I'm a subscriber and still missed out on the Jan/Feb issue. I called to confirm that it was never even sent to me. They extended my subscription but that still leaves me without and no chance of a back copy.

So anybody that normally tosses their issue after reading, or someone that would send me their issue when finished with it. I'd happily pay shipping.

Thanks,
Ron

Damn! My brother recieved his (his is the free piggy-back offer, I paid!), I did not.

Bastids! That really frosts my @ss. I'll try to get my hands on his copy, and scan to a PDF.

Haven't received mine either, how does a magazine not print enough mags for it's subscribers?

I lucked out. Had to take my wife and daughter to the mall. While waiting I checked Barns & Noble. They had a stack of them.

Happy I was able to get a copy, but pissed that they had a stack and subscribers are left without.

I guess that's business.

I was wondering where my issue was. I bought my subscription for Christmas and hadn't recieved any yet. That's really bad business....

I'v been a subscriber for years and I didnt get mine either, so I called them and they sent me one. Got it Saturday.

I was wondering when I was gonna receive an issue. My wife ordered me a subscription for Christmas. Guess I should call them up to see whats going on?

I say rise up and put the issue on all the forums you can find! Let the world know (and BYO) not to screw with us brewers! It is ridiculous for a company to sell/promote a product and not carry through and then just brush aside what they have done when confronted on it.

Ahoy hoy,
It is just those kinds of issues that drove me to make the decision I did. I just finished letting my BYO subscription expire. Why? I subscribe, not to save money, but to have the issue before it hits the newsstands, and well as not having to manuallly buy it. But, in the year i subscribed, they only got 3 issues to me before it would show up and B&N. In fact there were 3 or 4 times I ended up with 2 copies as it would come a week after B&N got it, and, impatient that I am, I bought it and said hell with subscribing. They have no problems getting their resubscribe mails to me every month, including trying to get me to renew right after i had subscribed, but had yet to receive an issue. All told, that was too much incompetence for me to deal with. I love the mag, but Ill just buy it off the shelf, with zymurgy, and then I know Im not getting a reaming. FYI
A great day to you all!

So I wasn't the only one.
I noticed a couple weeks ago that I hadn't received my issue and it was past due so i sent them an email. I received the issue yesterday in an envelope in the mail.

Hopefully BYO can resolve the issue. I really enjoy reading the magazines when they arrive. I'm wondering if they are having financial issues? Alot of companies are cutting back on advertising and magazines run on ads.

Craig

I got a subscription for Christmas but assumed it was late due to the international shipping... Must send them an email...

Do you think I should point them toward this thread?

Email sent

Hi,

I received a BYO gift subscription for Christmas. I have not received the January edition and while I realise my subscription may not have activated in time for this issue I am a bit worried about the following thread on HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community..

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/january-byo-needed-100884/

This thread suggests that many US subscribers have not received the January edition either.

Hopefully you can clear this up for me.

Thank You,
edit Loweface /edit

Ya so almost imediately after sending that message I spotted the original confirmation said the March April edition would be shipped Feb 2nd...

Don't I feel like a tit! (Apology already sent)

Back