Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does someone want to make a google spreadsheet for people to add and edit the pick ups? it will be easier on everyone i think. thanks

ghoti said:
Neopol, are you bringing Three Floyds this way? :)

Looks like they have ZDust in stock, alpha king, Robt the Bruce, pride n joy and some special bombers $30ea. Give em a call for descriptions, I'm happy to pick up a few cases of whatever..

Ylpaul2000-

Are you still on for this buy? Just trying to plan for pickup. If not, is there someone else picking up and heading to the St. Charles area?

Gmccague I sent you a private mail.

I'm in Aurora and bought on behalf of 3 guys. I don't want to steal the thread, but I think this is related. I was imagining a Western Burb "Split Club". No one guy needs a sack of black patent, but if there were enough guys in the "Aurora-land" area we could buy Crystals or Dark grains and split them into reasonable portions for individual guys. Obviously it won't happen this time, but if anyone wants to PM me, I could make a list and at the next grain buy we could discuss splits and pick ups from place. Just tossing that idea out there.

Ghoti, how difficult (and how inclined would you be) would it be to incorporate splits into the database?

bmason1623 said:
Ghoti, how difficult (and how inclined would you be) would it be to incorporate splits into the database?

I can work on adding that functionality for next time

porterguy said:
Ylpaul2000-

Are you still on for this buy? Just trying to plan for pickup. If not, is there someone else picking up and heading to the St. Charles area?

Yes, sorry about that! I meant to get back to your PM but a funny little thing called life got in the way. I'm working out the details with my wife about the pick up and will let you know as soon as I do.

Reminder, for splitsters.. half a 50 lb sack just fits in a 5 gallon bucket and half a 55 lb sack does not needs a 6.

Still waiting on confirmation for delivery tomorrow.

On another note, both Neopol and I are working very hard to secure sources for both spot sales and contracts on wholesale hops. Cross your fingers for us.

From CMG:

Bill,

Unfortunately due to the number of revisions to your order, now that I have converted it from a quote to an order, we do have stock outs.

GB Organic Wheat - we are out
Best Vienna - only have 3 bags available
Star San 32 Ounce - we only have 3 available.

Please advise on how you would like to proceed. Thanks.

I asked if drop shipping would be an option. Not sure if there is added cost or not. Will find out soon.

I am picking up TyTanium's grain.

please add all pick ups on to the spreadsheet that ghoti created. thanks.

also, do not post the link for the spreadsheet on here. i'm worried that some jerk might sabatoge it. i've gotten "love messages" from two idiots who i think are one in the same. thankfully the mods have bumped them out. but he could still be lurking. thanks.

Bill, can we just add links like you had for the catalog and spreadsheet within the Ordering Database, that way only authorized folks can see the link? or is this Ghoti question

From CMG:

Bill,

Unfortunately due to the number of revisions to your order, now that I have converted it from a quote to an order, we do have stock outs.

Star San 32 Ounce - we only have 3 available.

I asked if drop shipping would be an option. Not sure if there is added cost or not. Will find out soon.

Dang except for the star san that's my stuff.

From CMG:

Bill,

They received a new shipment of starsan so only the grain is out of stock but they will drop ship that from another location. Still waiting to hear back if Friday delivery is still possible.

They received a new shipment of starsan so only the grain is out of stock but they will drop ship that from another location. Still waiting to hear back if Friday delivery is still possible.

Id switch my best Vienna sack for TF&S MOPA if it helps.

Also, can we get malter column added to the grain buy synopsis page? It just shows type currently.

The grains that were out of stock at the local warehouse are being drop shipped. I wont know for sure if we are getting grain tomorrow or not until tomorrow. They have to run my check card twice since it maxes out at $5000.00. they will run it again tomorrow morning.

There are two more sacks that are being drop shipped along with the previous four. See below:

2 bags GW Organic Wheat

Who's ordering the exotic stuff besides TBU?

I added that I am picking up gmccague grain and I am paying the money he owes. Hope I did it right.

I think so. we are all happy go lucky brewers who abide by the honor system. so i'm leaving it up to everyone who owes me anything to pay me without me having to remember anything. my mind is muddled as it is with everyday things. adding home brew to it just makes it even more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back