The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you checked out Wagner Vineyards? I remember they brewed beer too. Wasn't impressed with their selection until the guy gave me small batch of a limited bock. Really good.

We did the brewery tasting last year. Everything was good - solid - nothing particularly exceptional, but all really solid examples, I thought. We've never done the wines there - looked like it was mostly cheap stuff.

There's a couple other (newer, I think) breweries in the area; Two Goats is right down the street, and there's another up further north. Haven't been to either yet, though.

One of other really phenomenal places right up in that neighborhood is Lamereaux Landing; everything I've had there is outstanding. One of my four or five favorite wineries in the area.

Not that it pertains, but I am marrying a daughter (step) off that weekend. Last wedding to pay for. Thats 3. My son will be finishing college in the next year or so too. I'm almost done!:ban:

You're right, does not pertain.

But speaking as one who has three Spawn in their 20's I feel your pain. Not the pain of missing Cape's soirée, that's not really that big a deal, but the pain of paying for all those weddings.

And college for three of them!. Uncle. I call uncle! I give!

Glibby! How you doing!

Just about to blow out of this popstand. the_Bean's been staying with the MIL, out in the Finger Lakes, during her vacation. Heading out to pick her up, and while we're out there to drink an appropriately excessive amount of wine at a fancy-shmancy wine-tasting dinner tomorrow night. I'll be eating better than you ****s tomorrow night, I'll guess.

Things are going well here in Sunny southern VT. Sounds like you enjoyed a nice week without the Bean. My kids are off this week. We are all staying put with some plans to make Pilsner.
On a side note back to the topic. I'm out for wine drinking in the finger lakes region this Summer. That weekend is booked.

The Bird
I thought I saw a message on Greylock Outdoors (bike shop on rt 7 in Lanesborough) sign that said something like "Greylock is Brewing!" The proprietor was thinking about opening a home brew supply shop downstairs (he's a beertender at the Forge too). I will check it out and keep you up to date. It would be awesome to have a LHBS again. Even if his prices are a tad high, I try to support local business.

The Bird
I thought I saw a message on Greylock Outdoors (bike shop on rt 7 in Lanesborough) sign that said something like "Greylock is Brewing!" The proprietor was thinking about opening a home brew supply shop downstairs (he's a beertender at the Forge too). I will check it out and keep you up to date. It would be awesome to have a LHBS again. Even if his prices are a tad high, I try to support local business.

Huh, cool. Have to check it out. Thanks!

Huh, cool. Have to check it out. Thanks!

The sign did say that, but now its changed to "growing". I stopped in to see Paul, they are expanding and moving to a Pittsfield location. Part of the expansion is the addition of a LHBS and hydroponics. He's looking to capture the foodies, winemakers and brewers here. Its still in development, but hopes to be open when he expands.

Oh and Cape Brewing, I can't speak to the sheep issue, but we do have electricity. I know, because I make it.:rockin:

And Slippery Pete. Kramer tells me you're one hell of a rogue electrician.

Seinfeld_Stormare02.jpg

Job opportunities in Pittsfield? Now I know you're lying.

Funny thing is, all of us, including the two girls, have been presented better opportunities here than back home. Granted, one of the girls subsequently relocated to Boston due to her opportunity, but three of us are doing quite well, TYVM! Now if you are not educated in the medical and engineering fields, are unwilling to work nights, weekends and holidays, and are looking for a full time job to support a family, you are SOL. Since the crash of 08, contractors are struggling too. Still it seems that 90% here hang onto the dream of that GE factory job working 7-3:30 M-F as if they still existed.

Alright, time for draft predictions. Pats take that Notre Dame safety, Harrison Smith, at #27. Trade the #31 pick for a 1st rounder next year and a couple of later selections this year (like a #4 and a #5).

I agree. Someone for the love of god in the corners or safety. Experiment with some young CB to put a fire under d'arse of those guys. I'm going with someone from 'bama

Kirkpatrick Bama
Janoris Jenkins North Alabama

Then again I'm feeling they're going to trade their picks.

Anyone who tries to predict who the Pats are going to draft is wickit retahded.

The only sure bet you can possibly make on a Patriots draft is the first player taken by the Pats, regardless of whatever round it ends up in, is going to make all of us go, "WHHOOOO?!?"... and then we'll scurry to figure out who the heck they just drafted.

They'll also probably do the exact opposite of what everyone wants or expects.

I've got $1 that says they draft effin' four Offensive guys with their first five picks and everyone over the weekend will be saying, "Whaaaaaaaat the hell are they doing?!?!"

5 Super Bowls with 3 wins in 11 years baby... Draft away Billy. You go you crazysumbitch.

Its been rumored that Caserio has stated that the top of the draft is deep in front 7 guys. Does this mean we will see a pass rusher drafted tonight?

Dont count on it.

For most of the half( +) century I've been moving the lawn putting down fertilizer in April is a waste of money and doing it twice is just a nurseryman's wet dream. Until this year.

I'm lifting a pint to you, Al Gore. Fark the polar bears!!!! I'm diggin' this "Global Warming" sheet.

(Except for that whole 'Three hours to mow in farkin' April's thing. I could do without that.)

Nate Ebner? I waited all afternoon for nate freakin Ebner? A freakin rugby player?/?!!!%$#$&&&*#@

Granted I am stuck at work, but hell, The Deliverence was on cable. I couldda been watching Ned Beatty ummm taking one for the team! Instead I feel like I just did.

Back