Where best to buy honey online

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobJ

Reaction score
A couple of recent threads got me thinking this might be worth a thread....

From your experience are there any online sales sites that you would recommend for the rest of us.....:mug:

Am thinking along the following lines but feel free to add other criteria that I may have missed....;)

Availability of varietals
Cost
Availability of bulk (5 gal)
Quality
etc....

A couple of recent threads got me thinking this might be worth a thread....

From your experience are there any online sales sites that you would recommend for the rest of us.....:mug:

Am thinking along the following lines but feel free to add other criteria that I may have missed....;)

Availability of varietals
Cost
Availability of bulk (5 gal)
Quality
etc....

Dunno, but if you Google "honey locator" I suspect you'll find the nearest to you. Or try "beefolks" who are in Maryland I believe.........

Depends on your location, but Internet stuff may not be the way to go. Has the honey been heated or pasturized and issues like that could arise quickly. I would look for a beekeeper in the area and ask them for some help. Most beekeepers are really great folks and willing to help with just about any question you may have. Down here in Fla we get tons of Orange Blossom honey all the time from multiple suppliers. Good luck and hope you find a good supply for your brewing exploits.
Bob

I would suggest finding something local that you like, and maybe call them up and explain your situation. One of my local honey providers gives me a considerable discount if I bring my own container. Also If your looking for something special, let your local know, he runs in the honey circle and maybe able get you better prices on that not so common honey. He/she may also keep an ear out for ya, Mine shot me an e-mail one day " I know your into the weird honey, I got a guy that has some africanized bee honey".. I passed

Honey is heavy. To keep shipping costs down I googled “bee keepers NJ”- (‘cuz I live in the dirty Jerz). I’m sure that your state will have a Beekeeper’s association or an Apiary association. These are great places to start because they will list many of the beekeepers in your state. Or check here:

http://www.honeyo.com/org-US_State.shtml

Back