Bring on your Summer Beers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkaBoneBenny

Reaction score
So what are you guys doing for summer beers? What styles have you already brewed/are prepared to brew soon? Anything you suggest? I'm trying to get inspiration for some great beers.

So far I have brewed: A Sam Adams Summer Clone and A Graduation Hefeweizen

What do you guys have brewing?

-Ben

I have my 1909 Mild in the keg already. The Bent Rod Rye goes in this week end, as it fermented in two days and seems to be clearing in record time. That's it until I float one, I'm out of storage space.

Belgian wit, is next on my list for summer brews. Should be my first all grain, so it will be interesting.

I've got a Belgian Wit fermenting now and a Kolsch and possible ESB in the works.

I will be making a oat stout, pale ale, Hefe, and a lager this weekend starting friday night

fshnne1: Ambitious little go-getter, aren't we? 4 batches in a weekend...that's dedication!

I brewed the "New Bohemia Pils" (my first lager, a Bohemian pils with a modern, hoppier twist) back in January, and just bottled it this past weekend. That's gonna be one refreshing summer brew!

2 weeks ago I brewed an AG Witbier and a PM Hefeweizen. It's wheat beer season, bitchez!

This past weekend, I brewed a Special Bitter and and a Summerbock. Both should be excellent summertime swill, and the bock should be done lagering just as summer is in full sweltering swing.

Yes, it's going to be a good summer. Indeed! I'm having a big ol' barbecue this weekend...hopefully I'll be able to unload some of my ridiculous beer backstock and make room for the 35 gallons currently in carboys.

Well, I have some things on the radar. A Hefe, an American Wheat, IPA and possibly a third go round of my APA. Problem is lately with taxes, ramping up the garden...etc....etc.. I have a full queue. :D

my goal is to have my Bombshell Blonde and House Pale on tap all summer. then rotate out something else

I've got 20 gallons of Wizard IPA in primary and secondary going to make it my "House" ale. Going to do a Steam this weekend...

Kolsch goes in the bottles this weekend.
My psuedo - pale ale is conditioning in the bottles, and I think I good hefeweizen is up next - Dirk

i have a "cherry jerry hefeweizen" going into the secondary right now

brewing a "wave that flag ipa" this weekend

and a "here comes saison-shine" next weekend

:D :D :D

gonna be a GOOD summer :mug:

Belgian wit in the Secondary and a cream ale as soon as the primary is free.

My first brew after I move in July is going to be a hefe. I haven't decided exactly what recipe I am going to use, but I'm going to make something a bit unique just to celebrate the move.

Nothing for summer yet, but would love to brew a Sam Adams like wheat beer, the summer is one of my favorites. Any recipes would be great. Pref all grain. Thanks

Got a wheat on tap, wheat in bottles (aged perfectly *wink*) Rye IPA comming up, hard cider, and going to work on a Kolsch in the next few weeks.

Red Ale for late spring.
Ordinary Bitter for mid summer.
Honey Wheat for those hot august days.

And in June I'm doing a Grand Cru for Thanksgiving and Yule.

Back