A memorial beer for GreenwoodRover?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you want just the charcoal image? Like I said this is not my own image. I'd be happy to email you the xcf file if you use gimp. I am horrible with text. I'd love to be able to highlight it pop it, just don't know how.

johnny_cash_v1.jpg

Ok. I'm going to get this ball rolling although I may not be the lead organizer when all is said and done.

As such, I'm going to make some command decisions. The overall goal of these decisions is to ensure the success of the tribute beer, the labeling and the distribution.

I see that there will probably be beers going to 3 different groups.
1) Exchanges among HBTers
2) Gifts to Kevin's social club, The Greenwood Rovers.
3) Gifts to the family and friends.

We will have the option to send beers to 1 or all three.

I have made contact with someone within the Rovers and that will likely be the person that I will coordinate #2 with.

UncleMike https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/sa...drovers-family-131499/index3.html#post1483220 seems to be the person with which to coordinate #3. We'll likely send to one individual from that group and let them distribute.

The opinion right now seems to be swinging toward an ESB recipe and some label with a variant of the Cash avatar. These things are still up for discussion, but we will be deciding on this within a few days. There may be a need to create a different label for those in the #3 group, I don't know.

My #1 requirement for the labels is that we all use them. The packaging is very important. I would also like to see an area on the label that we all have the liberty to personalize with our own logos or at the very least our name or handle.

More to come.

We're also going to target some hard dates.

Roughly speaking we should brew this by mid Sept at the latest. We need to have everything wrapped up by mid Oct, to beat any holiday crazyness.

I would prefer that all of the gifts (group #2, #3) be shipped within the same week timeframe and not trickle in.

I just caught up on these threads after a few days... kind of hits home. Consider me in for the brew. I will raise a glass to a fellow brewer.

My #1 requirement for the labels is that we all use them. The packaging is very important. I would also like to see an area on the label that we all have the liberty to personalize with our own logos or at the very least our name or handle.

More to come.

I would propose a rear label or neck band for personal information, thus leaving the main label consistent.

I probably can't get to another brew until the second week of September. I don't keg so I would also need additional time for bottle conditioning :\

Rules look good to me OlllllO. For the HBT handle and/or logo, I'd recommend Back label for that. (LGI beat me to it) along with a written excerpt about a fallen brother and beer. LGI had volunteered this, just awaiting his chance to drink enough to bring forward his poetic sappiness.
I'll p[ost a rough idea of a back label to accompany my front label.

If we all sent 6-12 bottles in to one person, they could then mix and match beers and send them out to the various intended recipients. Seems a little easier and cheaper than everybody shipping out beers to 6-12 different recipients.

I probably can't get to another brew until the second week of September. I don't keg so I would also need additional time for bottle conditioning :\

This doesn't disqualify you. It's a target right now that will be determined by the participants. As the organizer i need to create a sense of urgency about getting this done and getting it done right.

:mug:

If we all sent 6-12 bottles in to one person, they could then mix and match beers and send them out to the various intended recipients. Seems a little easier and cheaper than everybody shipping out beers to 6-12 different recipients.

People sending to groups #2 and #3 will be shipping to one recipient.
Group 1 will be handled like any other exchange. Usually 3.

The most you would be on the hook for under that scenario is 5 packages.

It will be opt in for #1, #2, #3.

I see. I haven't done an exchange before, so I didn't realize there were rules already in place. Just trying to be helpful.

I would think that it could be arranged that packages for #2 and #3 go to the same address to save on shipping costs. And if the price of shipping is keeping enough brewers from participation, the group exchange could be reduced to two.

Any way it goes, I'm in. Thanks for taking charge olllllo.

I would think that it could be arranged that packages for #2 and #3 go to the same address to save on shipping costs. And if the price of shipping is keeping enough brewers from participation, the group exchange could be reduced to two.

Any way it goes, I'm in. Thanks for taking charge olllllo.

Yes, I just reached that conclusion.
You will also be able to opt in for 1 to 3 exchanges.
The proviso is that I may need to draft 1 or 2 folks to make up for any odd beers and drop out contingencies.

To recap, there will be an effort to make option #2 and #3 a single shipping point. I'm keeping the options distinct at this point to reflect our intent, although that may also get merged.

I just found this thread thanks to some help from one of my friends. I did a little research and found that Kevin was one of my very first customers. The sixth person to ever order from me. As a father and husband to have something like this happens really hits home for me.

In his honor I have used his account and loaded his recipe into the Brew Builder and shared it for everyone. I have also pledged to donate all of the proceeds from this recipe to his wife and children.

This has been by far the most difficult post I have ever written.

I just found this thread thanks to some help from one of my friends. I did a little research and found that Kevin was one of my very first customers. The sixth person to ever order from me. As a father and husband to have something like this happens really hits home for me.

In his honor I have used his account and loaded his recipe into the Brew Builder and shared it for everyone. I have also pledged to donate all of the proceeds from this recipe to his wife and children.

This has been by far the most difficult post I have ever written.

You are the Man! I'll be ordering this up. And I have to say, You're website is by far the best layout I've seen for putting together an order and even editing existing recipes! Not to mention your apparent awesome crush made me overshoot my first recipe with you by 5 points! Not that I'm complaining for a porter :)

It could be interesting if we all started with the EXACT same ingredients. And the proceeds going to Kevin's wife and family, that's just an amazing offering.

We had discussed being able to sub yeasts if desired n the spirit of homebrewing, but I wouldn't have a problem stick to his recipe 100% either. I was going to try a Belgian yeast.

It could be interesting if we all started with the EXACT same ingredients. And the proceeds going to Kevin's wife and family, that's just an amazing offering.

Nice. I was gonna brew this with the ingredients I have on hand already subbing hops, so I'll be sure to order up the kit and brew that one too, it'll be fun to compare the two out of my own brewhouse. :mug:

Ok, I just read everything I had missed. I am in too. I need to wait til payday though to put my order in :(

As I said before, I may be late out the gate with this one, probably September 12. Earliest to bottle would put that at October 3, carbed by October 24. Even if that means I'm out of the exchange, I just don't want a late order not to go to Kevin's family.

I will leave the kit up indefinetly in honor of Kevin. I will donate proceeds until everyone that wants to donate is done ordering. If that means the end of the year so be it.

I just want to be clear that by proceeds, I am referring to the profits from that particular kit. As much as I would love to donate the gross receipts from each kit, I can not without going out of business. I think everyone probably already knows this but I just want to be sure.

Ed

Has it been decided if we are following his recipe exactly. I already have almost everything needed on hand but would have to swap one of the hops. I would love to order everything from Ed but I have a ton of stuff that I have to use up before it gets too old.

Speaking of which, Ed, if we just order some of the ingredients (specialty grains, hops etc) would there still be a way for you to donate the proceeds. I will be getting what I need from you either way but just wondered.

I just want to be clear that by proceeds, I am referring to the profits from that particular kit. As much as I would love to donate the gross receipts from each kit, I can not without going out of business. I think everyone probably already knows this but I just want to be sure.

Ed

I doubt anyone would expect anything else. It is a really great gesture for you to even do what you are instead of just x% of profit.

Speaking of which, Ed, if we just order some of the ingredients (specialty grains, hops etc) would there still be a way for you to donate the proceeds. I will be getting what I need from you either way but just wondered.

His new Brew Builder has a way to take ingredients out of your order while still ordering the recipe itself, or so I am led to believe.

Back