instruction label for bottles given as gift

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmpolesov

Reaction score
I saw a funny picture, I think it was here, of a label some guy made that he puts on bottles he gives away, to tell people not to pour out or drink the crud on the bottom. It was kind of funny, I'm hoping to find it and put it on some of my bottles. Does it ring a bell anyone?

knewshound - i've wanted to get started in homebrewing for years and your blog inspired me to finally go and do it. thanks!

Zul'jin said:
My neighbor did a home brew porter. I drank the stuff at the bottom of the bottle. It's beer too, ain't it?
Nothing wrong with that, but it's not really intended for drinking. In most styles, the sediment at the bottom isn't desirable, but it's unavoidable. So, you just leave the last bit of beer in the bottle with the "stuff."

In some styles, like hefeweizen, that sediment is vital to tasting the beer as it's intended, and you're actually supposed to swirl it up and pour it into the glass.

But...if you enjoyed it, that's all that matters. No harm in drinking it all!

vmpolesov said:
knewshound - i've wanted to get started in homebrewing for years and your blog inspired me to finally go and do it. thanks!

Just doing my part to expand the hobby.

I am humbled that I was any sort of inspiration but thank you.

Happy brewing !

Cheers,

knewshound

Back