Riesling Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upperNY01brewer

Reaction score
I want to do a Riesling Ale, I resently had one at a local microbrewery and am interested in doing a partial Mash. They do theirs with grapes from a Finger Lakes winery but Im thinking I may use a wine concentrate, anybody have any opinions on how to go about this ?

I would brew and ferment the beer portion first, then add the grape concentrate after the primary fermentation finishes...then let it finish out and continue as you normally would.

...or just blend it with a good wine? Get a little oak with your grapes, and you can blend beer/wine in a glass first to get the flavor ratio where you want it. That's how I'd go about it, anyway.

its gotta be custom brew crafters, I'm pretty sure they added the must(grape juice) to the fermenter toward the end of fermentation. Thats the way I would go. Do you keg?

Well if I was going to try this I would add some must right after high krausen and ferment out. Transfer to the keg, cold crash and pull off the yeast that dropped out. Then add some more must if needed.

Back