So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's gonna be 18F outside today so I'm back and forth on brewing in the garage. I probably will, and freeze my butt off. If so, I'm all ready to go with a best bitter recipe that I put together.

I have a belgian wit thats 2 weeks in the bottle and that's it right now.

I am brewing an AG 10 gallon Lagunita's Lil' Sumpin Sumpin clone

I've gotta clone that one time.

I am brewing my first all grain today, did my cooler conversion yesterday (holy crap, super easy with bargain fittings)

Doing an Irish Red.

Brewing my Magnum PA! Just crushed the grain and will be mashing in about half hour. Feeding the kids lunch, lay them down for a nap, and I'll be right at it! :mug:

Amber ale. Halfway through mash. Based recipe on Bell's clone recipes I found online, slightly modified. Will be pitching Bell's yeast I harvested. Hope it's half as good as the real thing!

Brew day is always such a happy day.

10gal of Old Rasputin clone. Right around 37# of grain for this beast--it'll be going into a bourbon barrel in a few weeks!

Care to share a recipe?

Yes! It is a recipe from BYO magazine. Here is the recipe for 5 gallon batch.

Sumpin Like Little Sumpin

OG: 1.073
FG: 1.018
IBU: 63. SRM: 8. ABV: 7.1%

10lbs 2 row pale malt
4lbs wheat malt
1lb flaked wheat
2 oz victory malt
2 whirlfloc tabs or 2 tsp Irish moss
.75 oz Nugget hops @ 90 mins
1 oz Crystal hops @ 15 mins
1 oz Cascase hops @ 15 mins
1 oz Chinook hops @ 2 mins
1 oz Amarillo hops @ 2 mins
1 oz Cascade hops (dry hop)

White labs WLP090 San Diego Super ( 1 vial in 2 step 2 liter starter)

Mash @ 152F for 45 mins. Boil for 90 mins. Whirlfloc and yeast nutrient @ 15 mins. Ferment @ 67F. I will probably keep in primary for 3-4 weeks, Dry hop for 4-7 days, keg and cold condition for another 2 weeks.

Swmbo is out of town, so I was able to get an uninterrupted Irish Red brewed, and it should be ready by St Patrick's Day. We'll see how ambitious I am tomorrow. I'd like to brew a Two Hearted clone.

Waking up tomorrow at 4 a.m. to start smoking 3 Superbowl pork shoulders. After the smoke starts I'm trying my hand at an Allagash clone.

Just brewed a coffee stout using my washed London ale yeast in a starter on my DIY stir plate. It's the 1st time I have done this :)

Not really brewing this weekend, but mixing up a batch of Skeeter Pee if that counts. Have a Blonda Ale and the White House Honey Ale ready to go for the SuperBowl. Probably brewing up a Trappist Ale or Prohibition Lager next weekend. Haven't decided, have ingredients for both.

Dug out the frozen tundra in my back yard and made me some beer. I've been dry for over a month. Today was a good day even though I'm rusty and had one of the most all over the place brew days ever.

image-1376343699.jpg

Just finished up on 11gal of Cream of 3 Crops for a upcoming wedding. Overshot my volume by a gallon and my OG by 8pts. Adjuncts are awesome for efficiency.

Partigyle today! First running was a RIS second running was a smoked Texas brown ale with molasses and brown sugar. Long day but had fun and worth the time.

Brewing my Biere de Soissons in the morning...

OG: 1.080:
50% Munich
30% 2-Row
9% Pilsner DME
9% Corn sugar
2% Smoked Malt
22 IBUs mostly just bittering hops
Nottingham yeast

Last time I brewed this, I used a pound of smoke malt and it was just too much for my taste...this time I am trying 4oz and will go to a half a pound next time if this is too restrained...I'm also using a different yeast this time.

I'm taking my first sips of a Vanilla Porter that I brewed for the Super Bowl and yesterday I bottled an Irish Red that'll be ready for St. Patrick's day.

Just brewed a 5 gallon batch of dead ringer IPA, first time I have used my bigger set up and I think I need a bigger mash tun.

I brewed an IPA, the budget series, from AHB. Didn't exactly follow the instructions and ended up with a little higher efficiency (OG) than the instructions state. Only by .006 though ... still thats kewl

Beer-lord said:
Got this in the fermenter now. Really looking forward to it.

Gonna do a hop burst on Lundi Gras. Calling it Boceebus Hopititus. 13 oz of hops.

Is that mardi gras eve?

Back