120V ULWD Elements

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrismtb

Reaction score
Has anyone used this element: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KKVZUO/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It's a 120V 1500W ULWD element with some kind of special coating for hard water. I'm more concerned about the coating than whether the element would work out. I worry that it wouldn't clean well.

Also, does anyone know of a source for 120V x 2000W ULWD (or LWD) elements? I can't seem find anything like that.

So far, I have been using HWD 120x1500 and 120x2000 elements somewhat successfully, but I have to replace them a couple times a year and always have some scrubbing to do after each batch. I'm thinking LWD/ULWD elements might help if I can find them. 240V is not an option where I live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, that's what I need.

From what I've been reading in the forums, the 1500W element on amazon is always different than pictured when it ships and is much higher watt density. It appears that at some point camco changed it and none of the sites show the new item.

For my lower wattage element I'm thinking that I might be able to get away with using the Emerson 1650W.

There's a 6000W 240W foldback element (Camco 02613 6000W 240V ) that is low watt density. You could run it at 120V (1500W) for really low watt density if it's not too long for your application.....

Back