Accidentally GF mega swill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casebrew

Reaction score
I just tried the Omission and Daura GFs. I was thrilled to find that GF barley beers were available here, as in Europe. Those are labeled as gluten parts per million.

I don't have Celiacs per se, but I get angina chest pains if I eat the wrong stuff. I had 3 angioplasties with 7 stents, in three years, then went GF. 6 years later, no new clogs. ( Soy sauce and "modified food starch" do me in.) (tyramine is a new word to me. that may be the particular gluten component) But my prob seems to be somewhat dose dependent. Maybe not an allergy, some kind of sensitivity? So I do dare, from time to time. And it seems that some mega/micro beers do not bother me.

I'm thinking rice is used a lot in megas, and maybe some kind of low protein malt extract , could accidentally make a mega I can handle?

Carl Strauss Amber Lager seems better, Miller is not. Or maybe I'm gluten wacko?

So, my question is, does anybody know gluten levels of various beers?

Back