Did I do a bad thing??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gopher40

Reaction score
Just finished brewing my second batch (Strong Ale from MW). When I tranferred the wort into the fermentor I strained out the hops that were in the boil. I also realized I did this for my first batch (Hefeweizen) which is bottled now for almost a week. Were these hops suppose to have went into the primary with the wort?

Just finished brewing my second batch (Strong Ale from MW). When I tranferred the wort into the fermentor I strained out the hops that were in the boil. I also realized I did this for my first batch (Hefeweizen) which is bottled now for almost a week. Were these hops suppose to have went into the primary with the wort?

doesn't matter either way... I strain em out.

Personel choice. Doesn't really matter. It is one of those endless debate discussions.

Me I just dump it all in, hops, break, trub, all goes in.

You're good. I personally try to transfer as little hop material into the primary as possible. That's just me. Others just pour it all in. Both make great beer.

Back