Keg help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

317BREW

Reaction score
My batch of pale ale is done fermenting ready to put in a corny but I don't have a fridge to serve out of. Could I serve from my garage (temp varies from 35-40F) or my basement (60-65F). Thanks for the help in advance.

My batch of pale ale is done fermenting ready to put in a corny but I don't have a fridge to serve out of. Could I serve from my garage (temp varies from 35-40F) or my basement (60-65F). Thanks for the help in advance.

Sounds like your garage would be pretty darned close to where most of us keep our kegerators/keezers set - but be careful that it doesn't drop much lower than that, as kegs of beer can and do freeze solid if they get much below the freezing temperature of water!

In your basement, however, that'd be pretty warm for a serving temperature. You certainly could do it - you'd just need to use higher than typical pressure settings on your regulator and longer than typical beer lines to keep the system balanced and avoid pouring tons of foam.

Back